Disorderly Conduct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorderly Conduct

(June 8th) I was recently charged with my first and only disorderly conduct complaint. I'm coming up on my end of enlistment in the Coast Guard (August 29th) with a general discharge. I'm not sure how it will shake out on their end but I'm going to have to wait to put in a package for SWCC.

Are there any members who have been in a similar situation? Will a few months out of military service change the application process? And, am I able to apply for SWCC without getting booted into the fleet and getting stuck there? Thank You!

i know that the military wont care if you have a misdemeanor as long as you haven't had any law encounters for 1 whole year and you arent a felon. you should be fine

Comment

The military cares about misdemeanors. A waiver may be required, which would be up to the recruiting district CO to approve. Then there is your general discharge, which means you re-enlistment code may not be looked at favorably. Then there is your time in service, which I believe you mentioned in another post is 8 years. That's more than the desired 6 years or less. I recommend you speak with a Navy recruiter immediately to assess your opportunity. Good luck.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
      X