Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Security clearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security clearance

I looked through as many posts as the mind can handle before just asking the question. I want to be able to try out for the BUDS program (surprise who doesn't) I am facing a barrier in getting information so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Apparently I am ineligible for a TSC (I have a secret from my prior rate) because I have relatives of a foreign nationality. It doesn't seem right though because I have spoken to a man who was army SF (if he's not a fake) and he had immigrated to this country from Afghanistan. So how was he eligible for clearance when I am a natural born small town American citizen that wants a chance to try to be one of the best. I though that since I speak Arabic fluently and don't look Arabic at all would've been a bonus for me. Any help is much appreciated thank you in advance.

You are searching for answers to questions no one here can answer, unless they were speculating. You need to address this with your chain of command to the investigating agency. Comparing yourself to someone else is pointless. This is a background investigation of YOU. Ask if there is any clarification you can provide. Good luck.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by Faris.mustafa View Post
      I looked through as many posts as the mind can handle before just asking the question. I want to be able to try out for the BUDS program (surprise who doesn't) I am facing a barrier in getting information so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Apparently I am ineligible for a TSC (I have a secret from my prior rate) because I have relatives of a foreign nationality. It doesn't seem right though because I have spoken to a man who was army SF (if he's not a fake) and he had immigrated to this country from Afghanistan. So how was he eligible for clearance when I am a natural born small town American citizen that wants a chance to try to be one of the best. I though that since I speak Arabic fluently and don't look Arabic at all would've been a bonus for me. Any help is much appreciated thank you in advance.
      There are a lot of people who aren't interested in becoming SEALs
      Last edited by OuterHeaven; 3 weeks ago. Reason: Fragment

Comment

Working...
      X