Age Waiver (again)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Waiver (again)

I’ll try to keep this brief, but need some advice from those in the know. I am 29 years old, college educated, self employed, and have second language proficiency. I’m fit and have a strong running and swimming background. At the start of this year, due to the age requirements for SEAL, I began pursuing an 18x contract with the Army. At the time, I was roughly 4 months from 29 and was told by the Navy recruiters that the time frame was too tight to lock down a SEAL Challenge contract prior to the dreaded 29th birthday. I was also told that age waivers were an unequivocal “no-go” at that time. Fast forward 5 months and I bump into our regional SEAL/SWCC mentor and a regional scout at the local Y swimming pool. I explained my current enlistment goals and was told, without hesitation, that the Navy is currently hurting for SEAL applicants, enlistment bonuses are back in effect, and a high ASVAB (I scored 94 on the practice) coupled with auto-qual PST scores would land me a contract despite my age. If there is any truth to this, I’m certainly interested. But MANY searches on this forum and others have produced less than conclusive results in determining the current viability of age waivers. If I pull my packet from the Army and process through MEPs via the Navy, I will risk aging out of 18x if my SEAL contract is denied in the next few months. If, however, the Navy has changed its stance on age waivers in the last 6 months, this is a shot I’d really like to take. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’m slotted to meet with a Navy recruiter early next week.

That’s exactly the sort of information I was looking for. I was planning on calling Kepco early next week per the contact info given to me by the regional scout. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

I'm so excited to see this post. Because I was recently seeing things confirming everything your saying. 29 as well and my mentor seems very certain if my number are auto qual numbers my odds are great. This has kept me up at night wondering so this is great news to hear. Some guys who contracted in my group contracted with 29,000 bonus compared to the 15,000 it was before.

I say go for it man but that's coming from a man whose extremely bias towards wanting to becoming a seal. Follow your gut.
      good luck.

Comment

I mean the Scouts and mentors know more than I do so I would try it if I were you. Kill the PST and auto qual and your chances are even better due to your age. Time is of the essence for you so just make sure you can do anything they ask to speed things up if it is possible.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Voypescado View Post
          I’ll try to keep this brief, but need some advice from those in the know. I am 29 years old, college educated, self employed, and have second language proficiency. I’m fit and have a strong running and swimming background. At the start of this year, due to the age requirements for SEAL, I began pursuing an 18x contract with the Army. At the time, I was roughly 4 months from 29 and was told by the Navy recruiters that the time frame was too tight to lock down a SEAL Challenge contract prior to the dreaded 29th birthday. I was also told that age waivers were an unequivocal “no-go” at that time. Fast forward 5 months and I bump into our regional SEAL/SWCC mentor and a regional scout at the local Y swimming pool. I explained my current enlistment goals and was told, without hesitation, that the Navy is currently hurting for SEAL applicants, enlistment bonuses are back in effect, and a high ASVAB (I scored 94 on the practice) coupled with auto-qual PST scores would land me a contract despite my age. If there is any truth to this, I’m certainly interested. But MANY searches on this forum and others have produced less than conclusive results in determining the current viability of age waivers. If I pull my packet from the Army and process through MEPs via the Navy, I will risk aging out of 18x if my SEAL contract is denied in the next few months. If, however, the Navy has changed its stance on age waivers in the last 6 months, this is a shot I’d really like to take. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’m slotted to meet with a Navy recruiter early next week.
          Have you considered Navy EOD?

Comment

Working...
          X