Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

What Are Your Chances of BCT Success?

A three year Naval Special Warfare study comprised of hundreds of SWCC candidates has identified the speeds, distances and reps that correspond to success at BCT. The graphs in the predictive model show the boundaries of smart training to maximize your odds of success without increasing your risk of injury.

LINK: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-swcc-wh...t-success.html
2 of 2 < >

What Are Your Chances of Hell Week Success?

A three year Naval Special Warfare study comprised of thousands of SEAL candidates has identified the speeds, distances and reps that correspond to success at BUD/S. The graphs in the predictive model show the boundaries of smart training to maximize your odds of success without increasing your risk of injury.

LINK: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-wh...k-success.html
See more
See less

Low Back Pain- L4-L5/L5-S1 Annular Tear and Disc Degeneration. Advice pls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Back Pain- L4-L5/L5-S1 Annular Tear and Disc Degeneration. Advice pls

Long Story short.
    i have 2 tears in my discs roughly small. they are both slightly bulging
    l4-l5 and L5-s1. tried PT for 2 months and helped a little.
    then 2 weeks ago and had 2 cortisone injections to calm the inflammation and worked for the first week
    and now certain exercises (DL/Back squat etc) inflame my sciatic nerve and just send me into a world of pain.this might be my fault for coming back too soon and using too much weight too soon. ( i feel like my muscles can handle it but my lower back can't EX. my quads feel extremely strong but my lower back feels week if i try to push my weights up)

so to make this clear please answer some questions i have if you can:

1. Has anyone had a similar problem like this and made it throughout bud/s?

2. Should i stay away from these exercises and seek out alternatives to strengthen my back?

3.am i jumping into weight training too soon according to my example above?

4. would i need a waiver for my back/ cortisone injection?

5. am i done before i even get started?

if you have any advice please share i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Re: Low Back Pain- L4-L5/L5-S1 Annular Tear and Disc Degeneration. Advice p

Ask a sports medicine doctor if you are rehabbing / working out your back correctly. If it's extreme pain you are doing something wrong. Take time and get your back fixed. Don't worry about waivers yet . Your goal right now is to fix your back so you can smash a PST when /if you need to.
    SO ship date 01.27.15

Comment

Re: Low Back Pain- L4-L5/L5-S1 Annular Tear and Disc Degeneration. Advice p

hey hunter,

I tore my labrum back in high school. But before I completely tore it i was having pain and it was inflamed. So I got a cortisone shot and after that i had no pain. I also felt like i didn't need to warm up. It always felt warm and good. About midway through my jr year the cortisone shot wore off and my shoulder was in excrutiating pain. I got a MRI to find out I had a had a severe labral tear and needed surgery. Reason im telling you this is because i rushed back into throwing right after the cortisone shot and didn't give myself time to gain strength again. Be extremely careful of how much weight you add on as you won't feel the pain/damage you could be causing because of the cortisone shots. Now i'm no doctor so take this with a grain of salt. But that was my experience.

Good luck and i would definitely seek a Physical Therapist out if that is something you can afford. during BUD/S is the time to push through pain. Before BUD/S you want to be healthy. Can't get a contract if you can't get a waiver for injury.

Comment

Working...
      X