This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shin Splits from Rocket Fins

Alright gentlemen, I've got a question for you guys and can't seem to find an answer on the forum. I've started swimming with rocket fins and while I don't feel any pain during the swims themselves, I feel like I'm developing shin splits during my runs. Is it possible that these shin splits are a result of progressing with the fins too quickly? I haven't had any problems with my shins before, and any advice you guys can give would be awesome.

Re: Shin Splits from Rocket Fins

Originally posted by ALD268 View Post
    Alright gentlemen, I've got a question for you guys and can't seem to find an answer on the forum. I've started swimming with rocket fins and while I don't feel any pain during the swims themselves, I feel like I'm developing shin splits during my runs. Is it possible that these shin splits are a result of progressing with the fins too quickly? I haven't had any problems with my shins before, and any advice you guys can give would be awesome.
    It's hard to say really. I've always said that swimming with Jet Fins vice the rockets was the best route because they're a little easier on your joints and that's what you use in BUD/S. Some guys prefer the rockets anyway, so to each their own. Try taking a break from the rockets and see how your shins feel after a week or two. It could be mere coincidence, and the shin splints are only a result of the mileage you've been putting into your runs.

Comment

Working...
    X