Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

My consultation appointment in 2 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NNeedham9
    started a topic My consultation appointment in 2 days

My consultation appointment in 2 days

Hello all I am new to this forum and a NSW hopeful. I have not met with a Navy recruiter yet. I am going on Saturday 3/24 for my PRK consultation. I have checked this particular section but have difficulty compiling the information to form concise guidelines. My prescription is L: -2.25 and R: -2.75. I am curious if anyone experienced with Eyesight waivers would be able to tell me precisely what forms I need from my Surgeon to provide MEPs. If someone can point me in the right direction to find this information i will delete this thread promptly.

• BearPole
    replied
    Welcome to the forums. Study the archives.

My advice in this case would be to get the consultation...Go visit a recruiter determine eligibilty, take ASVAB...then go get a nice free medical and eye exam from MEPS and taxpayer money and they will tell you the forms needed etc. You're getting ahead of yourself. Go see a dam recruiter and a military eye doctor and they will tell you what to do to pass the eye exam regarding surgeries. Mind you there is a wait period after PRK that they will allow you into enlist so be prepared.

Don't delete threads. Leave as referance for aspiring Tadpoles

oh and recruiter will do all they can to get you to DEP and sign ****. Do it when you're ready not when he says. Remember is their job to put notches on their belts as to how many they recruited. Don't be one of those idiots who says the recruiter lied to them, truth is they were gullible, didn't investigate what they were getting involved in and failed to take responsibility for what they signed up for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X