Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

PRK vs. Lasik

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRK vs. Lasik

Hi everyone, my name is AC3 Zaknoen, I joined the Navy to become a SEAL and at MEPS I picked my rate (AC) and told them I was interest in SO, they set me up with a mentor who received my paperwork a few days later and told me I was disqualified because my vision was 20/200. My 2 year mark to rerate is December of 2019. Just today I found out I’m approved and qualify for either PRK or LASIK. I was wondering if anyone can tell me which one they would recommend and which one is better for the SEAL program. I was told by my mentor that if you’re already a SEAL you can get either but if you’re trying to join the program you can only get PRK. Obviously this is very important to me to not get DQ’d because I got the wrong surgery. I look forward to hearing back with answers, thanks everyone!

The MANMED does not discriminate; it approves both.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
    X