Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Is NSW accepting mild color blind candidates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is NSW accepting mild color blind candidates?

I was watching one of Stew Smith and Jeff Nichol's video and in it they found a document that said color vision is wavier able for most of SOCOM but not EOD. I researched further into the document and read color vision and dept perception is wavier able. Is this true, can people get waivers now for NSW? Thank you for any and every response.

I mean unless I’m missing something you answered your own question boss. You said it is waiverable. From what Jeff and stew said as well try to practice figuring out how to pass the vision test. Work on the colors you can’t decipher and see if there is something you can remember you get it right.

Comment

In the same boat. Waivers are available although I have no idea what the threshold is for getting one. You need 10/14 to pass the PIP. No idea how much lower you can score and still get a waiver. Unfortunately since this is a such a new change nobody seems to know what failing score would still be waiverable. And according to MANMED, PIP is the only test being offered, despite MANMED alluding to a secondary test. FALANT is out. If you get any answers, post them.

Comment

You have to have perfect vision

Comment

• jlhota
          jlhota commented
          Editing a comment
          Well this just isn't true at all.

It is, as a general rule of thumb. SEAL has the strictest vision requirements in our military! Vision has to be able too be corrected to perfect with no color blindness.

Comment

• jlhota
          jlhota commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. Vision has to be correctable, thus not perfect. On top of that Pilots absolutely have more stringent vision reqs, they require depth perception while SEAL contracts do not.

I just want to give a quick thanks to everyone who has replied in the thread so far for their answers, and also letting me know there are other people on the same boat that i'm in.

Comment

Working...
        X