Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Failed Depth Perception at Meps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Depth Perception at Meps

Hello Gents.

Currently in DEP pursing a SO contract. A few weeks ago I failed the Depth Perception test at MEPS. is this disqualifying for SEAL duty? will I have to pass this test at Boot Camp? Scott Williams

It is not a DQ for SEALS. Good luck

Edit: I may be wrong about this. I have a buddy in DEP that failed but said it wasn’t required. This is addressed in MANMED 15-85 (1)(d)

you should read this and talk with your mentor to be sure.
    Last edited by MAM97; 1 week ago.

Comment

When I went to boot there was no depth perception test.

Comment

• HopefulWarrior
        HopefulWarrior commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you fail Depth perception at MEPS?

• b16fy
        b16fy commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a ton of people that fail. That dot test is completely useless in determining depth perception. They should just see if you have a drivers license, because it would be impossible to drive without healthy depth perception.

With 100% certainty I can tell you that you can fail the depth perception test and get a SO contract.

Comment

Depth perception is a routine part of the eye exam at MEPS. Lack of depth perception is disqualifying. The standard for depth perception is found in MANMED article 15-85 para 1d. A disqualifying result is waiverable.
        Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
        35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
        X