Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Failed Depth Perception at Meps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HopefulWarrior
    started a topic Failed Depth Perception at Meps

Failed Depth Perception at Meps

Hello Gents.

Currently in DEP pursing a SO contract. A few weeks ago I failed the Depth Perception test at MEPS. is this disqualifying for SEAL duty? will I have to pass this test at Boot Camp? Scott Williams

• Scott Williams
    replied
    Depth perception is a routine part of the eye exam at MEPS. Lack of depth perception is disqualifying. The standard for depth perception is found in MANMED article 15-85 para 1d. A disqualifying result is waiverable.

Leave a comment:

• b16fy
    commented on 's reply
    There's a ton of people that fail. That dot test is completely useless in determining depth perception. They should just see if you have a drivers license, because it would be impossible to drive without healthy depth perception.

• jlhota
    replied
    With 100% certainty I can tell you that you can fail the depth perception test and get a SO contract.

Leave a comment:

• HopefulWarrior
    commented on 's reply
    Did you fail Depth perception at MEPS?

• b16fy
    replied
    When I went to boot there was no depth perception test.

Leave a comment:

• MAM97
    replied
    It is not a DQ for SEALS. Good luck

Edit: I may be wrong about this. I have a buddy in DEP that failed but said it wasn’t required. This is addressed in MANMED 15-85 (1)(d)

you should read this and talk with your mentor to be sure.
    Last edited by MAM97; 02-12-2019, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X