Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Positive Outcome for BUMED Waiver

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Outcome for BUMED Waiver

Can PST scores and statements of activity in our file support a positive outcome on a BUMED waiver?

- I have two surgeries that occurred 6 & 8 yrs ago. I put statements of activity about my training regiment and also listed out my PST scores and how after the following workouts and physical performances that I have no discomfort, pain ect. I also have an outside letter from a former diving medical officer of the Navy who supports the decision to approve me.

I know I have read in some places that some of this will matter, sometimes I have read it will not. I believe I have competitive scores and don't want to miss out on a SEAL contract due to a process which is out of my control. Thank you for any support, advice or feedback.

Jan 28 PST score
    Swim 7:10
    Push 100
    Sit: 112
    Pull 16
    Run 8:57

Feb 25 PST Score
    Swim 6:50
    Push 93
    Sit 108
    Pull 18
    Run 8:54

Re: Positive Outcome for BUMED Waiver

The doc at BUMED will examine any written material that accompanies the waiver and consider it before he makes a decision. Primarily, he is interested in medical stuff like physician's statements and actual test results and diagnoses, not your PST scores.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
    X