Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom Teeth

My wisdom teeth have been causing me severe pain recently, and I'm thinking about getting them removed ASAP. I still have to get corrective eye surgery, so I wouldn't be eligible for MEPS(medical clearance) for at least another 6 months after getting the eye surgery.

My question is: if I were to get my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, how long is the wait period until I'm eligible to go to MEPS and be medically cleared to join? Also, is there any special process or paper work I need to worry about?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Wisdom Teeth

Id like to know this as well, im considering getting my wisdom teeth out as im not sure if i c an wait till bootcamp due to the pain.

Comment

You could prob go ask your recruiter, they wil tell you everything for sure.

TM

Comment

After reporting for duty in Charleston, SC, I was promptly sent to the Dentist's clinic. They pulled/drilled out three wisdom teeth in one sitting. Apparently what happened a short time before my arrival, is that a BOOMER sub (FBMS) had to surface while on patrol (give away it's position!!!), and MEDEVAC a sailor with wisdom teeth problems. After that incident, the base CO ordered that every sailor reporting for duty be parted with his wisdom teeth ASAP!!! LOL
        Go tell the Spartans stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
        Thermopylea, GR 480BC

Comment

Working...
        X