Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Right Leg is a bit shorter than the other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Leg is a bit shorter than the other?

i had a growth plate injury as a kid so my right leg is a bit shorter than my left nothing super bad but its enough to throw off my biomechanics (promoting injury in my right leg) so i have a tiny lift in my right shoe to even me out...will this disqualify me ? or can i get it waived?

Re: Right Leg is a bit shorter than the other?

Anyone have any insight on this? I can't find anything in MANMED about this other than the scoliosis part that outlines what the acceptable range of spine curvature is and I'm well within the acceptable range, so I would assume it doesn't cause any issues enlisting. And most people have some degree of leg length discrepancy whether it's structural or functional.

Anyone have any idea if you can use custom orthotics throughout the training pipeline?

Comment

You may use orthotics during training. As to whether the shoe lift is a disqualifier will rest in the hands of the MEPS doctor, who must assess whether your condition is a risk factor for training and operations. Therefore, go to MEPS with a recruiter and find out. Then you will have your definitive answer.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
        i had a growth plate injury as a kid so my right leg is a bit shorter than my left nothing super bad but its enough to throw off my biomechanics (promoting injury in my right leg) so i have a tiny lift in my right shoe to even me out...will this disqualify me ? or can i get it waived?
        I know this is late but just in case you haven't received any info when i was in boot camp for the Marine Corps i had a friend who had the exact same problem as you in 2013 and its not a big issue Meps passed him obviously but during training it was just to strenuous on his legs and they later discharged him because of it the demanding physical requirements for BUD/s by far will surpass that of the Marine Corps just my own experience and opinion but not a fact anythings possible.
        (come take a look at my thread i posted on my situation and insight is appreciated)

Comment

Working...
        X