Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Possibly need a waiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly need a waiver?

So im 17 and about to finish high school, like a lot of teens I've wanted to be a SEAL for years but have a weird question. So I don't believe I have allergic rhinitis, according to my doctor he said it's not. But when I wake up in the morning my nose is a little stopped up but after I blow my nose it doesn't bother me throughout the day and I can still pop my ears without a problem. Will I need a waiver for this or is that normal for even some guys who are on the teams? I hope its nothing to worry about and I hope im worrying for nothing! Thanks.

Re: Possibly need a waiver?

allergic rhinitis is just allergies? do you just have seasonal allergies? like only in the summer? most people have seasonal allergies. so i do not see having seasonal allergies being a dis qualifier. i have allergic rhinitis (allergies) on my medical record, but never thought about it being a dis qualifier just cause i feel like everyone has seasonal allergies to an extent. Also i have heard you can bring claritin to basic. or other over the counter allergy pills as long as it dont have a D at the end of it,,, claritin D would not be acceptable but claritin would. After doing more research they can get you allergy medicine at boot camp if you just ask for it. So if you can get allergy medicine at boot camp i do not know why having allergies would dis qualify you as long as its not crazy out of control.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! My allergies are seasonal and there not bad. I can easily flush them out with a sinus rinse and Claritin also helps them!

Comment

Originally posted by Touge_RX7 View Post
        allergic rhinitis is just allergies? do you just have seasonal allergies? like only in the summer? most people have seasonal allergies. so i do not see having seasonal allergies being a dis qualifier. i have allergic rhinitis (allergies) on my medical record, but never thought about it being a dis qualifier just cause i feel like everyone has seasonal allergies to an extent. Also i have heard you can bring claritin to basic. or other over the counter allergy pills as long as it dont have a D at the end of it,,, claritin D would not be acceptable but claritin would. After doing more research they can get you allergy medicine at boot camp if you just ask for it. So if you can get allergy medicine at boot camp i do not know why having allergies would dis qualify you as long as its not crazy out of control.
        I'm unsure if you'll be able to help me personally, but a few months ago I was prescribed some medicine for my seasonal allergies. Do you (or anyone) know if this will be a disqualification? I am no longer on the medicine, but took it for a few months.

Comment

Working...
        X