Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Waiver process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver process.

I've been in the process of trying to enlist for months now. I was sent to my local meps station with the hopes of being cleared and getting the process really moving. That was in early April, nearly two months after my initial visit with a recruiter. At meps I was cleared as healthy, except for a prior back injury that they wanted to see more paperwork on. The injury was from hockey, it was diagnosed as inconclusive as to whether or not I had a compression fracture in my T-7 area. It says inconclusive on the paperwork from multiple different opinions from an injury over 7 years ago. I've been training for this for a very long time. My recruiter said I'm out of luck. I know that there are guys on this forum that have had serious surgeries get a waiver, in turn leading to a contract. This didn't require surgery, it was not even a definite injury. I can run a marathon, do various triathlon distances, century cycling races and rides, and have what this forum believes to be competitive scores on the PST. I'm not just ready to give up on something that I've worked so hard just to have a chance at. How do I get a waiver? This option wasn't even mentioned to me. I've tried looking through the various forms to see if this is disqualifying, and obviously a back injury isn't something to mess with, but I can't see why if I get an MRI or X-ray that says I'm great, and I have evidence of being fine, why this can't still be pursued as my lifestyle. I wish I could tell you more about the logistics, but you all probably(at least hopefully) have had a smoother introduction to this process than I have. My recruiter seemed to think everything would be just fine, and now it's just a no go. Any help would be appreciated, and advice from an administrator or moderator would be great.
Working...
X