Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Waiver Help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver Help...

This question is for the administrators only or someone that has had a similar experience. Thanks!

I was recently discharged from the navy for a medical condition that I was unaware of. I made it to week 4 in RTC I had an SO contract. Here is the question tho… the medical condition I was kicked out for was for a Thyroid nodule (ICD 9 CODE 241) it doesn’t meet the enlistment standards of DOD Directive 6130. So I am working to get a waiver from the NRC level to correct it. Ive looked in the MANMED and NAVMED, this isn’t listed as disqualifying under Diving Duty or Special Operations physical standards. With that being said, would I still have to get by waiver approved by the Normal Navy and SpecWar since it was a UMO that DQ’ed me? I just don’t want to go back to bootcamp and go up to special physicals and have them DQ me again…and I have an Reenlistment code RE-8. is this going to effect my coming back in trying to get an SO contract again? Or how does all this work?
Working...
X