Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

I would like to inquire what provisions there are, if any, for a 40 yr DO to go to training. I have heard other of other greyhairs going through, though I believe they had previous experience in other branches. Thanks for your time.

I think it says somewhere on the website that you need a waiver if you are above 32 or 33 (don't recall) but that they are granted to candidates with outstanding physical (PST) and academic/mental (ASVAB/ probably CSORT) scores. If I were you I would just have an insane PST, stay flexible to pass the range of motion screening at MEPS (may be more of an issue for you based on your age) and just get a 100 on the ASVAB. Best of luck to you!

Comment

The age cut off for BUD/S is 28, SWCC and EOD is 30. You can apply for an age waiver but (1) 40 is pretty far removed and (2) from what I've seen they're not granting too many age waivers, there are plenty of qualified guys in the age range. However I am not in the business of telling people what they can/can't do so go for it. Worst case scenario they tell you no and you go back to being a doctor.

Comment

Oldest I hear going through BUD/s was 35. If you can crush the PST and ASVAB I don't tgink they would turn you away just for age but you never know unless you try.

If you are wanting to see combat before you are older I believe the French Foreign Legion allows men up to aged 42 just go knock on their door in France and be ready to get your *** handed to you.

Upon review the legion cuts off at 39.5years.

Push for NSW worst they can say is no. But at least you tried.
        "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
        X