Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Age Waiver -Prior Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Waiver -Prior Service

I am a 31 yo prior service (5 years in) guy who is looking to join the community. However when I talked to the motivator he said that they are not granting prior service age waivers. He never even asked me my scores or anything else and told me it was a waste of time to put in for a contract. I have always been under the impression that prior service had a few extra years to join the community. Is there any way of gaining a contract in my position? Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Thazan View Post
    I am a 31 yo prior service (5 years in) guy who is looking to join the community. However when I talked to the motivator he said that they are not granting prior service age waivers. He never even asked me my scores or anything else and told me it was a waste of time to put in for a contract. I have always been under the impression that prior service had a few extra years to join the community. Is there any way of gaining a contract in my position? Thanks for any help.
    your recruiter is right about no age waivers. but you're prior service... so i dont know if that still applies

Comment

Thazan,
      Have you found a definitive answer to your question yet? As a 30 year old former Marine Corps Infantry Assaultman (MOS 0351), I can offer an anecdotal response that may shed some light on your situation, depending on how NSW views the difference between 30y/o and 31y/o. It requires a lengthy explanation with some specific details that are very similar to your circumstances, ongoing, and evolving. For those reasons, I'll reserve a response until you confirm that your question is still unresolved and that you wish for me explain my circumstances and what I have learned. Lean forward, train hard, and stay motivated!

Comment

Working...
      X