Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Knee Ankle and chest waiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Ankle and chest waiver

As one of my first few posts here I want to get some insight on possible medical waivers. When I was 14 i had flat foot corrective surgery on both ankles and sub tailor implants were put in my ankles/feet. Im 23 now and have never had an issue with my ankles. Scars are unnoticeable. When i was 20 i had surgery to remove gynecomastia from my chest, not steroid induced, was blood tested for 6 months prior and i consistently was on the low end of normal testosterone levels. Scars not noticeable. 3 months ago I had an arthroscopy on my knee to repair my meniscus and I am back to running and squatting(lightly) with no pain. scars noticeable.

As of now my focus is getting healthy in regards to my knee and improving my mock PST, but I worry that my three operations may prevent me from potentially earning a SEAL contract. I have a year and a half to better myself before I graduate college and enter the DEP. Any known success to getting waivers for my three operations?

Thank you

finfur My best advice to you would be to work on getting your PST scores optimal, especially your run time. My mentor told me that the run time is what they are looking at first before all other sections of the PST. If your ASVAB and PST scores are high, it will give you a major advantage on getting picked up with a number of waivers. MEPS asks for EVERYTHING when you do a full med. Finish up school, train hard, follow the PTG, and when the time comes, visit a recruiter and tell them everything and listen to what they have to say. From my understanding medical waivers can take some time to process (few weeks to a year). So, be prepared to wait a long time in DEP if you are submitting 3+ waivers...
    Hope this helps
    -Blackwood

Comment

Thank you Blackwood. I'll definitely be training for that PST. Ive got some time to improve my run, hopefully a year of injury free training can cut a couple minutes off my current 10:40 mile and a half.

Comment

Working...
      X