Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Sickle Cell Trait

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickle Cell Trait

Waiver for SO contract with sickle cell TRAIT? Really trying to get to the bottom of this. I was dropped 7 weeks into bootcamp because I carry the trait for sickle cell anemia even though my recruiter and MEPs both knew about this. 7 weeks in I got the "oh you have sickle cell trait, that's an automatic disqualification for any SPECWAR." So my contract was pulled and I was sent home. Needless to say it was pretty crushing. Now, I'm hearing of guys getting waivers and going on to BUDs if they just have the trait? I'm very confused here and really need a straight answer. I would give my left leg to be able to go back. Any info would be great!

Tha ks!

Sam Sinyard

If you have heard of guys getting this waiver then get back in it and submit the waiver, gather med documents, the whole nine yards. Sorry to hear you were dropped that far into the process. Remember everything happens for a reason. I would say even if there is no history of anyone being granted a waiver for the trait, why not be the first?
    -Blackwood

Comment

Working...
    X