Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Aspergers Waiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspergers Waiver?

Is it possible to get a waiver for Aspergers? I have a clean record and I am interested in joining the Navy.

I'm no expert on the matter but if I had to make an educated guess, I don't think they would care much if you had Asperger's syndrome or they may automatically disqualify you on basis of a permanent detriment on your mission readiness. what I'm saying is that it sounds like something which would either be entirely ignored or a no exceptions disqualification. I'm pretty sure that as long as you can basically receive and execute orders or instructions properly and can be comprehensive with the use of the English language under stress then you should be fine as the seal teams are made up of people of all personalities and backgrounds, so if your condition only effects your social ability then it should be a non issue, on the other hand, if it affects your mental/mission readiness then it may be an automatic drop, but again I'm no expert, id suggest asking a recruiter.

Comment

Working...
    X