Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

29 Yrs Old Age Waiver. Starting Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 Yrs Old Age Waiver. Starting Process

Been battling with the decision for a while because of my child but I'm going thru with the process this Wednesday. It's really hard to find other 29+ yr olds who post online or post their experiences(positive if any) but my pst is pretty good and I'm gonna go for it. If it takes a year I'll keep applying and get whatever I need to. I think us older guys absolutely can do it. So who ever needs to approve this waiver just needs to meet me in person. No words to describe how in this I am. I'll keep you guys posted of the progress with the recruiter.

Good luck on Wednesday! I too have children and have been on the fence because of it. It is good to hear other's stories in the same situation because there isn't much talk about it. Again, good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Good luck---I'm in a similar boat--no pun intended.
      I will be looking to obtain an age waiver for EOD. I am currently 30; I turn 31 in December, and can score "optimal" numbers on a PST.
      Anyone have recent information on EOD age waivers?

I will share what happens to me in the next few months.

Comment

When it comes to EOD if you can ship to RTC prior to your 31st birthday you will not require an Exception To Policy.

There is no such thing as an age waiver. It is a policy issue so a waiver is not the correct term in this case. Its misused frequently but in reality applicants don't need to get wrapped up in semantics...
        Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
        U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL
        2000 Trident Way, Building #401
        San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

I wish there was that much ease with seal.

it's 3 weeks into me training with the Seal mentors and the other guys. There's about 12 of us total. A lot of guys recently just contracted. Not all are going for SO. Initial pst was

swim 13:48
          Push 64
          Curl up 62
          Pull up 11
          Run 11:30

I was broken because I didn't know if be psting. Took another 3 weeks later

12:03
          11:30

Came in as a bigger guy(Was a personal trainer)
          but regardless going to be running and just swimming.

my mentor who was a Seal seems extremely certain if my numbers are optimum and no other problems I'm set. And that gives me hope because this waiver keeps me up at night. But I really feel this can happen. So again to the older guys-don't be deterred. We got this

last note the guys here who have contracted have all been working with the mentors for approximately 2-3 months. I'd still say show up ready to crush the pst but they helped with technique a lot and programming.

Comment

Imderek15
            You PMd me re age. For some reason I am not able to reply using the forum PM function
            The short answer is this, post very strong PST results as that can help since you are very close to the age cut off. If you start the process now, that is less likely to negatively impact your situation since you will be bridging the normal cut off. The administrative timeframe is lengthy so that will not be held against you. Good luck!
            Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
            U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL
            2000 Trident Way, Building #401
            San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

Working...
            X