Nothing else matters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing else matters

Just got back from taking the initial steps towards the challenge contract at my local recruiter's office. I can't express the excitement and motivation that hit me as soon as I walked out the door...to know that I'm working towards something so incredible and that I want it so bad I would do anything imaginable to reach it is such an immensely powerful feeling that I can't express it in words. It's almost as if time stops, everything else is forgotten and nothing else matters except accomplishing the goal of becoming a SEAL. Not many people know what that feels like and I had to post this thread to get some insight from others in this forum on what motivates them and how you all feel when that inspiration overwhelms you and, if just for a moment, the sense of clarity is so strong that everything you've ever been through is validated and you realize your purpose on this earth. Looking forward to the first response. Thank you all.

Re: Nothing else matters

Originally posted by newyork223 View Post
    Just got back from taking the initial steps towards the challenge contract at my local recruiter's office. I can't express the excitement and motivation that hit me as soon as I walked out the door...to know that I'm working towards something so incredible and that I want it so bad I would do anything imaginable to reach it is such an immensely powerful feeling that I can't express it in words. It's almost as if time stops, everything else is forgotten and nothing else matters except accomplishing the goal of becoming a SEAL. Not many people know what that feels like and I had to post this thread to get some insight from others in this forum on what motivates them and how you all feel when that inspiration overwhelms you and, if just for a moment, the sense of clarity is so strong that everything you've ever been through is validated and you realize your purpose on this earth. Looking forward to the first response. Thank you all.

Dude first off congrats, I wish you all the best. Although I don't know how that feeling must be, I can only hope and pray that one day my moment will come and for that I am ready because as you said nothing else matters. And that I do know how that feels. I'm 21yrs old and I've been wanting to be a SEAL since I was 16. I've kept it hush hush to my family because they are immigrants and have no understanding about why I want to go into the military regardless of the times I tried to make them understand. But about a month ago they discovered my ASVAB book in my room and flipped a ****. And let me tell you it hasn't been an easy day since but you know what that's life. I've been disowned by my parents kicked out of my house and you know what as much as it hurts each day knowing that you don't have the support from the people you you love, deep down I know this is what I was put on this earth to do. And until I get there NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. There's a famous line from a movie I heard a while back. " If you have a dream you gotta protect it. People can't do something them selves they're gunna tell you you can't . If you want something go get it, Period"

So to answer your question what motivates me is that my entire life I've been laughed at humiliated, not taken seriously and disowned but you know what it only makes me stronger when I graduate college, when I finish basic training and most importantly get that trident that everyone here is dying to get. That's what it's all about pushing yourself and everyone you meet to be the best possible person you can be. Let nothing stop you and most importantly do not look back until you cross the finish line. Godspeed brother wish you all the best

Comment

"If you have a dream you gotta protect it." Quote from the excellent movie The Pursuit of Happyness. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to the people you love the most and I wish both of you the best of luck. HOOYAH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas9 View Post
        So to answer your question what motivates me is that my entire life I've been laughed at humiliated, not taken seriously and disowned but you know what it only makes me stronger when I graduate college, when I finish basic training and most importantly get that trident that everyone here is dying to get. That's what it's all about pushing yourself and everyone you meet to be the best possible person you can be. Let nothing stop you and most importantly do not look back until you cross the finish line. Godspeed brother wish you all the best
        I can certainly relate to what you are saying about not being taken seriously, but I would caution against letting other people be your motivation to succeed. In my experience it seems that the best motivation comes from inside. Personally, my motivation to become a SEAL is because I want to be among the best of the best, and I want to do something that tests my resolve to the very core of my being. That being said you sound very motivated, and like Future Seal said, it does take tremendous courage to go against what the people you love want and I respect that very much. I wish you luck and may we one day meet on the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
          I can certainly relate to what you are saying about not being taken seriously, but I would caution against letting other people be your motivation to succeed. In my experience it seems that the best motivation comes from inside. Personally, my motivation to become a SEAL is because I want to be among the best of the best, and I want to do something that tests my resolve to the very core of my being. That being said you sound very motivated, and like Future Seal said, it does take tremendous courage to go against what the people you love want and I respect that very much. I wish you luck and may we one day meet on the teams.
          My reason for being a SEAL isn't mainly about being taken seriously nor the fact that letting other people be my motivation to succed. It's more the fact when people tell me why, I respond by telling them it is because it is my purpose. When I tell people I need to be challenged both mentally and physically the tell me go run a race. I tell them I don't want to because ANYBODY could do it. To be a SEAL, as you said you are the best of the best. To be unlike anybody on the face of the earth. But with that said until the day I get on one of the Teams, I will bust my ***, push my teammates and compete for every F uking right to have the title of being a Navy. SEAL. And I hope we do me on the teams or even better at BUDS. But until then I wish you luck.

Comment

Working...
          X