No announcement yet.

What do you guys do to keep running?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys do to keep running?

I always think about making it to that last day in Sunny California at BUDS graduation. Your whole family standing proud that they just pinned that trident to your chest. Thats usually what gets me through that final mile. Hope it helps, Hooyah

Comment

Well through cross country races which make your legs feel numb I just keep going, sing songs in my head, think about how I won't feel pain in twelve hours because I'll be asleep, and just keep telling myself not to quit. On a semi irrelevant topic... for some reason I have been singing Christmas songs this late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhoden View Post
        I always think about making it to that last day in Sunny California at BUDS graduation. Your whole family standing proud that they just pinned that trident to your chest. Thats usually what gets me through that final mile. Hope it helps, Hooyah
        The trident isn't awarded at BUD/s graduation..

Comment

Well whatever you get the picture..

Comment

Pretend theres zombies chasing me. Wait what! But no in all seriousness you should give it a try, not necessarily zombies per say. But think of it this way if your running on a track and other people are running behind you think to yourself that they are "Zombies" and you have to run faster and longer than them. Not only will it take your mind off the speed and distance your running it wil may also motivate you to run faster (and give you a little laugh). It could help you during the 4 mile runs and not to mention the dreaded goon squad.Completely Serious.
            Last edited by Raven21; 02-18-2013, 06:55 AM. Reason: i need to learn to spell
            "Fear not the night, Fear not which walks the night, And I am that which walks the night, But only evil need Fear me, And gentle souls sleep safe in their beds, because i walk the night"- Lt Col Dave Grossman

Comment

when I get the point to where I begin to question myself, I ask myself " Can I keep going? Should I slow down and stop running?". If my body is cramping up and I feel like I am no longer benefiting from the run, I will slow down my pace... but I will keep going.

If i'm not cramping up however, and I feel like the only thing that is holding me back is my mind....

Best watch your back, I'm going into beast mode.

Pump out that run to the point where I feel like I am a machine. I no longer feel pain, the only thing I concentrate is moving my body, putting in that effort and getting that reward. You will question yourself about your ability... I figure if I have the mentally capacity to think about whether or not I can keep running.... I better keep running

Comment

Working...
              X