school while in the navy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school while in the navy

can i still go to school and possibly get a degree while still being on active duty?

P.S i didnt know where to categorize this so i just posted it here.

Re: school while in the navy

Yes although it will be difficult during your first 6 year platoon tour with a SEAL team, youll probably have to wait until after your 2 platoons to get put on shore duty and then go from there

Comment

In the book Fearless, which is about a DEVGRU operator, he earned most of (it might have been all), of an MBA while he was deployed. If you get a degree that can be earned online, then it sounds like it might be possible to earn at least some credit hours during any downtime you may have. I believe there are also college programs specifically designed for military personnel. Like the previous poster said, it sounds like it would be hard, but not impossible to at least get started on a degree while you are in.

Comment

o okay good, at least getting started is better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by codyjust11 View Post
          o okay good, at least getting started is better than nothing.
          I wouldn't take what I said for fact. That's just what i remember reading in the book. I'm sure it also depends on what kind of a degree you want, and how much hands on experience it would require.

Comment

Working...
          X