reeeeeaaaalllly good question!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reeeeeaaaalllly good question!!

so.. should I read what's on this site? or just like.. only read responses to my own **** threads? oh oh! another quick question: how big is the internet? Cuz i kinda thought the only place to find stuff was this site. if there are other places to research, should I use them or just ask you guys?
    thnx so muches for help
    -Zeke

PS: I noticed a thread discussing the exact same thing (it seems like they answered the questions to), but I decided to start a new one :-) so much fun!!!
    Seems like a good idea to post the stage of training you are currently in:
    Pre-MEPS until June 2014

Re: reeeeeaaaalllly good question!!

Oh, you just HAD to go there, didn't you?

Somewhere a true believer is training to kill us. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs; his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. He is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at night, he is home. He knows only the cause.

For this reason, we do not quit.

Comment

To answer you question, I suggest trying to only sleep 2-4 hours at night. That way you can really emulate how fatigued you'll feel at BUDS.

If you accidentally get a good rest in, its okay you can drink a bunch of caffine a few hours before you train so you'll get a good crash right before you hit your PT. That way you can try be 100% mental monster. You'll be PURE ANIMAL. Nothing will stop you. Just because your body will only matter 20% of you success at BUDS doesn't mean you have to efficiently train it at all prior to BUDS. Totally go all out to get that 80% mental. OH, and don't bother stretching post workout, only tools do that ****. Go for a few beers, that relaxing the muscles better than any stretch will. Besides, it'le make tomorrow harder because of the alchohol interference with muscle recovery, and if you can do it then, you must be ready.

Remember, its not about getting ready and preparing yourself and your body for the trials of BUDS, its about how much you can simulate those trails and strains on your physical body before you get there.

And no, you cant get good information ANYWHERE, but your OWN Thread on this website. It HAS to be the one YOU made or it wont count. Everything else is irrelevant to your situation; because its not YOURS. Forget any deduction skills, you wont need those either, just expect to have all the resources handed and fed too you in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicieux View Post
        To answer you question, I suggest trying to only sleep 2-4 hours at night. That way you can really emulate how fatigued you'll feel at BUDS.

If you accidentally get a good rest in, its okay you can drink a bunch of caffine a few hours before you train so you'll get a good crash right before you hit your PT. That way you can try be 100% mental monster. You'll be PURE ANIMAL. Nothing will stop you. Just because your body will only matter 20% of you success at BUDS doesn't mean you have to efficiently train it at all prior to BUDS. Totally go all out to get that 80% mental. OH, and don't bother stretching post workout, only tools do that ****. Go for a few beers, that relaxing the muscles better than any stretch will. Besides, it'le make tomorrow harder because of the alchohol interference with muscle recovery, and if you can do it then, you must be ready.

Remember, its not about getting ready and preparing yourself and your body for the trials of BUDS, its about how much you can simulate those trails and strains on your physical body before you get there.

And no, you cant get good information ANYWHERE, but your OWN Thread on this website. It HAS to be the one YOU made or it wont count. Everything else is irrelevant to your situation; because its not YOURS. Forget any deduction skills, you wont need those either, just expect to have all the resources handed and fed too you in life.
        thanks! I feel like you have answered my question, but I'm going to start a new thread this afternoon and ask again :-) <3 u guys! u r my only source of knowledge.
        oh and what does self s-u-f-f-i-c-e-n-t mean? I could probably read the dictionary... but I figured you'd know
        Pre-MEPS until June 2014

Comment

I'm having a tough time figuring out who is more sarcastic and cynical, ha...
          I would like to take the time to point out Zeke that you should be reading all the threads and not post as often as you do. You do not need to start a new thread telling you to read the threads on this site or to do independent research elsewhere. If your not training and wish to be doing something else, then reading is a great idea; libraries are still around, many college campuses allow you to enter, and read, for free. judging by the volume of posts you have, I assume you enjoy being online. go to googlescholar.com and search whatever you're trying to find an answer to. There are many credible documents that give great information. Long and short, the answer to this question is quite obvious and I would speculate BUD'S candidates are required to be a more free-thinking individual. if you read more you wouldn't have to make so many threads. The information is still valid, whether its a year old, or a month old, the general concepts still apply.

Comment

Additionally,
            The those from the NSW community who are in charge of the application process read these posts. Your conduct on this site is a direct reflection of your character. I seriously doubt this facetiousness is a great way of proving you are a primary applicant for BUDS.

Comment

Originally posted by jollydude101 View Post
              Additionally,
              The those from the NSW community who are in charge of the application process read these posts. Your conduct on this site is a direct reflection of your character. I seriously doubt this facetiousness is a great way of proving you are a primary applicant for BUDS.
              I was very concerned with that, and I hope they don't hold this against me. my actions have been immature, I'm just not sure how to get through to people who don't realize every question they post is already answered. I am also aware that I post excessively, but would like to believe I am contributing relevant information. I couldn't tell how much of your first post was aimed at me, but this is actually my first started thread. oh and Google scholars really is great. I definately recommend it.
              Pre-MEPS until June 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke1997 View Post
                I was very concerned with that, and I hope they don't hold this against me...
                I doubt they will...

I hope this was a reeeeeaaaalllly good response!!

A little levity never hurts.
                Just an old civilian...

Comment

Keep this crap out of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke1997 View Post
                    I was very concerned with that, and I hope they don't hold this against me. my actions have been immature, I'm just not sure how to get through to people who don't realize every question they post is already answered. I am also aware that I post excessively, but would like to believe I am contributing relevant information. I couldn't tell how much of your first post was aimed at me, but this is actually my first started thread. oh and Google scholars really is great. I definately recommend it.
                    Zeke, most of your posts are very useful and helpful or good questions, but this was unnecessary. This was directed at TMercer96, correct? If you feel like he should stop, you have a couple of options like PMing him, contacting an admin, or just ignoring his threads. This shouldn't be one of those options. As jollydude101 noted, this forum is a direct reflection of your character. I mean, I highly doubt that anybody at the NSW Center cares too much what people post on this forum, but regardless you shouldn't post things you wouldn't be comfortable having ANYBODY read. That includes your future BUD/S instructors.

Comment

Ya... I posted while seriously annoyed with tmercer. felt like a d-bag writing, feel like a d-bag reading it... obviously didn't accomplish anything positive, except perhaps a self-taught lesson.
                      Pre-MEPS until June 2014

Comment

That's fine. I contacted Mr. Williams about TMercer as I agree that his posts have been innapropriate, so hopefully that might solve the problem.

Comment

You know what guys? I'm going to tell you a secret... now, pay attention because this secret is very, very important... *whispers*... very important!.. are you ready? Ok......

It's actually ok to have a sense of humor!

Still don't believe me? Ask the guys who made it through BUD/S! (see how I made this comment post more solid? BAM. Thank you very much)

Comment

Okay. I just felt like this post was kind of immature, even if it was just supposed to be funny. But whatever.

Comment

Tfranc- seriously... You guys should see my leave date Facebook group... We talk bout training, hobbies, girls, and a whole lot more of stuff that I can't mention on here. 99% of our post are BS back and fourth. Rippin on eachother and firing back. Were not gonna make it through by bein coworkers. We've gotta make friends, brotherhood. SEALs aren't coworkers there brothers. Even though we haven't met eachother we sure can't wait till it happens. Everyone needs to take a chill pill. Though heated arguements are also good at times. Debate is healthy, humor is healthy.
                              That's all I have to say.

Ps though... I do hate repetitive post and ppl that can't figure **** out on their own. But leave it to the system to weed them out, because it will.

Comment

Working...
                              X