Getting past BUD/S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting past BUD/S

How do you overcome that feeling of wanting to quit? Like what are somethings you did to say: "I'm not going to quit. I CAN do this!" Because Im not interested in quitting but I know there will be a point in time where ill say i dont want to do this anymore. I want to get past that feeling.

Re: Getting past BUD/S

This is what I do when that word gets into my head I just tell myself that I am not going to die and that it is going to end at some point. and when everything is all said and done I would have been an even stronger person that I was an hour ago.

Comment

The first thing you need to do is know the consequences of your actions for example if i quit i wont see combat, i wont be able to shoot guns and jump out airplanes, i will let a lot of my friends and family down, i will be stuck at another navy job for the next two years. Also before you go to BUD/s your mind has to be at the right place. You need to make peace with yourself saying i passed all the tests that every other cnadidate has passed so there is no reason i cant do this so you know you can do it its just whether or not your willing to give up everything to achieve your goal because everyone thinks they can succeed but only a few will give up everything to succeed.

Comment

Stop worrying about BUD/S. If you're worried you have a problem. Start thinking post BUD/S, life in the teams rather than life in BUD/S. All you're doing is psyching yourself out.

Just do it. 1000 sit up PT, just do it. Underwater 50m swim, just do it. Surf torture, just do it.

Don't dwell on BUD/S, its bad for you.

And always stay competitive. You should not be going into BUD/S with a "I just want to get through it" attitude. You have to want to win.
        REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

Comment

Working...
        X