Mental Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mental Quotes

Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause.
    -Homer
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause
    -Homer

Comment

Isiah 40:30-31

Even youths grow tired and weary,
      and young men stumble and fall;
      but those who hope in the Lord
      will renew their strength.
      They will soar on wings like eagles;
      they will run and not grow weary,
      they will walk and not be faint.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/Forgedclothing - Great daily content right here fellas, check it out!
        "Nothing on earth can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

for anyone who didn't know, Felix Baumgartner hit supersonic in a free fall from 128,000 ft yesterday,

"I had a system to achieve this. I break things into portions. I don't look at the end result, just always looking for the next task." Felix

Comment

The clock of life is wound but once,
            And no man has the power
            To tell just when the hands will stop
            At late or early hour.

To lose one's wealth is sad indeed,
            To lose one's health is more,
            To lose one's soul is such a loss
            That no man can restore.

The present only is our own,
            So Live, Love, toil with a will --
            Place no faith in 'Tomorrow' --
            For the clock may then be still.

~~Robert H. Smith
            "BE STRONG. BE ACCOUNTABLE. NEVER COMPLAIN."
            -The Late Lt. Brendan Looney

Comment

the way to transmute your iron duty into gold in everyones eyes is this: always deliver more then you promise. -friedrich nietzsche
              The way to transmute your iron duty into gold in everyone's eyes is this: always deliver more than you promise.- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Warcreaper View Post
                the way to transmute your iron duty into gold in everyones eyes is this: always deliver more then you promise. -friedrich nietzsche

Excellent quote; you should change your name to "Alchemist".
                Just an old civilian...

Comment

lol, im full of miscellaneous quotes. i have very few nicknames and im quite fond of warcreaper
                  thx g-man, ill have to post some more =D

lol thats funny cause alchemy/ botany, is one of the few jos id enjoy doing outside of the military.

-p.s i dont know how to change my user name, i've considered it because i was unsure if warcreaper was appropriate for such forums
                  The way to transmute your iron duty into gold in everyone's eyes is this: always deliver more than you promise.- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

"To every man, there comes in his lifetime, that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talents; What a tragedy if that moment should find him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour." -- Sir Winston Churchill

“Most people have the will to win, very few have the will to prepare to win.” -- Bobby Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Warcreaper View Post
                      lol, im full of miscellaneous quotes. i have very few nicknames and im quite fond of warcreaper
                      thx g-man, ill have to post some more =D

lol thats funny cause alchemy/ botany, is one of the few jos id enjoy doing outside of the military.

-p.s i dont know how to change my user name, i've considered it because i was unsure if warcreaper was appropriate for such forums
                      When I took chemistry, there was a discussion of alchemy: lead into gold, if I remember.

I am funny about names. warcreaper is wrong for two reasons. You have not been to war, unless I am wrong and creaper is not a word...

I hope Nietzsche motivates you, someone has to...

Good Luck and Take Care.
                      Just an old civilian...

Comment

Theres a reason for everything good sir

Comment

Just found this one.

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.
                          -General Douglas MacArthur
                          -Luke

Comment

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”

"Concentrate every minute like a Roman – like a man – on doing what’s in front of you with precise and genuine seriousness, tenderly, willingly, with justice. And on freeing yourself from all other distractions. Yes, you can – if you do everything as if it were the last thing you were doing in your life, and stop being aimless, stop letting your emotions override what your mind tells you, stop being hypocritical, self-centered, irritable."

― Marcus Aurelius

Comment

"Once you want to succeed more than you want to sleep, only then will you be successful."

Comment

(1) "Do the right thing, even if it means dying like a dog and no one is around to see you do it." - James Stockdale
                                (2) "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep, and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero, going home." - Chief Tecumseh
                                (3) "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." - Paul Brandt

Comment

Working...
                                X