Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Mental Toughness breakthrough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Toughness breakthrough

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted on here in a while. I just wanted to say that right now I'm very happy with myself I just had a huge mental breakthrough. I was following the PTG for push-ups and I was doing sets of 15, of course since push-ups are my weakness I was fatigued after only a little bit. But I finally said screw it, I wasn't just gonna stop at 15 I just kept going, and going all the way up to 30 even though I was so tired I just pushed them out even though my mind said not to. After I was done with all my sets I was resting for a while and of course my arms were stiff, but I said screw it and I got up in position and I just started to push em out. Even though I was tired and my form was probably messed up I managed to push out 50. I've just come to realize how much more you can handle than you even think. Sure this wasn't a crazy story but I'm sure I can apply this to harder workouts later on, and I thought maybe you guys could learn from this. I don't know, but if you made it this far thanks for reading it.

P.S: I was gonna post this under mental toughness and it wouldn't let me, so I thought this was the next best thing.
Working...
X