Failing BUD/S or BCT and going to secondary rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing BUD/S or BCT and going to secondary rate

I'm not sure what category to put this in, but back in April I talked to a graduating cadet in my unit who had a BUD/S contract. He said that he chose the rate of mechanic or something like that back while he was waiting for his SO contract. I was wondering if you fail or are dropped from BUD/S or BCT, is that the rate you go into? Does that rate mean something, or is it just for if you do not get a SO or SB contract?

That was a placeholder contract while he earned his SO contract. If he did earn the SO contract, the other was disposed. Now, if he should drop out of the SEAL pipeline after he's in the Navy, then he will be an undesignated seaman and either sent to a new A school or to a ship that needs an undesignated deck seaman. His ASVAB score and the needs of the Navy are the primary factors in where he is reassigned after BUD/S.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by USNSCC_Guru View Post
      I'm not sure what category to put this in, but back in April I talked to a graduating cadet in my unit who had a BUD/S contract. He said that he chose the rate of mechanic or something like that back while he was waiting for his SO contract. I was wondering if you fail or are dropped from BUD/S or BCT, is that the rate you go into? Does that rate mean something, or is it just for if you do not get a SO or SB contract?
      anyone that washes out of the SEAL pipeline they try to get into something else in special operations

If you DROP ON REQUEST you cannot do buds again so don't quit.

If you washout because you fail a swim or a medical reason of something(didn't quit though) you will be eligible for second chance at BUD/S

"We try to get them into something else in special operations" quote from the instructor

Comment

Working...
      X