Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention to Detail: Can it be developed? If so, how can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention to Detail: Can it be developed? If so, how can I do this?

Hey guys!

If there is one thing that I need to work on to be anywhere close to ready for SEALs training, is my attention to detail. Attention to detail is such an important part of the SEALs mindset and is emphasized heavily during bud/s, directly and indirectly. If SEALs instructors are talking, you are expected to pay attention to every detail of the evolution, and perform it right THE FIRST TIME EVERY TIME. How can I develop a strong habit of being THUROUGH? I currently struggle with missing details during instructions. For instance, after a long brief and intro into the RA position at work, we were told to go around the room and introduce ourselves, what grade we were in, a fun fact about ourselves, and our college major. I could not remember all of what my instructor asked us to share by the time it was my turn. My instructor had to remind me that I forgot to share what my college major was. My action plan is below.... SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS

1.) Take a ice bath and set a timer for 12 minutes. Sit there and read a book, focusing on the literature and not the pain to the best of my ability.

2.) After the ice bath, write down on paper for 2 minutes everything I can remember about what I read.

I find that repeating what was told to me in a light whisper to myself after instructions have been given help. When I wrestle competitively in matches, between periods, I am dog tired, especially if I am wrestling someone of similar skill level. My coach uses this time between periods to tell me what moves I should do, and when he gives me instruction I repeat them to myself once or twice before hopping back on the mat. This method, at least for me, is very effective.
    "The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself."-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Jor0603601
      Jor0603601 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks! I will give it a try.

• Hapunan
      Hapunan commented
      Editing a comment
      Good! Hope this helps you!

Best way to pay attention to detail is to have a sense of pride in all that you do.
    If you are proud of your work then it will shine in the details.
    Going the extra mile and doing that final touch up to your work is what they want to see... no sand in your bunk during inspection, but its not like youll ever pass their inspections anyways - its all mind games to break you down.

Your work and efforts are a reflection of your mental state - and be sure as hell the instructors are concerned with your mental state
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
    X