Female SEAL/SWCC Candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female SEAL/SWCC Candidates

Are there any other females out there training for these positions opening in 2016? Or maybe a group on social media so we can share insights and motivate each other?

I wasn't sure where to post this within the forum topics. My special warfare mentor suggested I throw this up here- I am the only female training with the Orlando, Florida group.

whats your current pst scores?

Comment

My most recent was
      Swim: 11:01
      Push-ups-54
      Sit-Ups- 64
      Pull-Ups: 6
      Run: 12:00 (I am targeting this aspect now, I was focusing mainly on building upper body strength the past couple of months)

I started training 6 months ago and I was over the maxes on all the endurance aspects. I couldn't do a pull up or more than 17 push ups. It has been a journey. By the time SWCC opens to women, I hope to double or triple my scores.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that NSW has until July of this year to make a decision about allowing women into these rates, and they could request to keep them closed.

Comment

Attached is the link I was originally given from the Navy social media page.

It does mention Congressional notification for NSW integration is scheduled for July 2015.

At my last PST, there was a Navy reservist that voiced to my NSW Chief/mentor that I should pursue a rate already open to females in case they don't open SEAL/SWCC to us and his response was "No, they are." I don't cling to any certainties, I just train for the potential.

That doesn't change my post though. I would like to find some like-minded females that are up for the physical and mental challenge in order to become part of a trained elite. (Can you blame us?)

Comment

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=74913

Comment

The article you posted was from 2013. I researched it again and found a more recent article from the Navy Time's saying a decision will not be made until January of 2016. But it is a lot of politics and bureaucracy, so either way it will take some time.
              If you really are hopeful, just keep working on your PST scores. I don't mean to sound harsh, but those scores will not get you contracted (assuming that they keep the standards for women the same, as they should). Best of luck

Comment

It's not harsh. I know they are minimum, but if I keep excelling at the rate have been physically I should be able to achieve competitive scores within the next year. Can't quit, won't quit.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens concerning all things, integration, standards, etc. In my opinion I would hope for standards to remain the same, equality across the board, if you are able to perform at the current level needed no one should care whats in your pants. GL private message me if you need any help im pretty knowledgeable! gl

Comment

The last Marine female infantry officer candidate dropped today. I wish you well.

Comment

Great- This thread has been very motivating. Still no female candidates responding.

Comment

Not many women are interested in this or at the very least knowledgeable that there is a resource like this!

Comment

Hi SeaWolf813,
                          I've been interested in becoming a Navy SEAL for a very, very long time now. I am 17 years of age and I am a female. When I found out that they were opening up in 2016 I became extremely excited about it and knew that I just had to jump at the opportunity.
                          I plan on going to University in the fall however so I plan to join the Navy and go through the entire process of becoming a SEAL after I graduate college in 2019.
                          I would love to chat with you and other females that are interested/striving towards the same goal as I am. It would be nice to help motivate one another and keep tabs on one another. Message me on here if you would like my contact information or email, it's fine if you would like to just message on here as well.

Comment

Honestly I don't think they will allow women to join SWCC or the SEAL's. After all the women dropped out of ranger school I think they probably gave up on the idea.

Comment

• Cheychey1918
                              Cheychey1918 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              How come they dropped out?

Just to clarify things up, I'm not saying that a woman can't make it through this. I truly believe its completely achievable by many women.

Comment

Working...
                            X