Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Navy Diver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Diver

Do Navy Divers do cool stuff like the SEALs?

Hell yes. They fathered the SEAL's
    They undergo very similair training and in many cases attend the same schools. Initial training is separate just prove your worth.
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by BearPole View Post
      Hell yes. They fathered the SEAL's
      They undergo very similair training and in many cases attend the same schools. Initial training is separate just prove your worth.
      That's wicked, man.

Comment

Originally posted by OuterHeaven View Post
        Do Navy Divers do cool stuff like the SEALs?
        Depends on what you think is cool. If you think underwater welding and salvage diving in incredibly dangerous situations as a regular part of the job is cool, then sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post

Depends on what you think is cool. If you think underwater welding and salvage diving in incredibly dangerous situations as a regular part of the job is cool, then sure.
          Thank you for your useful and valued opinion.

Comment

No they do not. The only Divers with meaningful interaction with SEAL Teams are at the SDV team in Hawaii. We have a couple here at the Center. That's about it. They do not perform missions with SEALs; they are in a support capacity. Their A school has a little overlap with Second Phase, but in reality the ratings are completely different.
            Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
            35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Williams View Post
              No they do not. The only Divers with meaningful interaction with SEAL Teams are at the SDV team in Hawaii. We have a couple here at the Center. That's about it. They do not perform missions with SEALs; they are in a support capacity. Their A school has a little overlap with Second Phase, but in reality the ratings are completely different.
              They're probably in special operations for a reason; special operations has a certain definition.

It just seems like most of what they do is not special operations.

Comment

What about a combat diver or a combat dive medic? MDSU Teams? I've met divers who claimed to have gone through SQT and SERE training and who vouched for on-land combat deployments. Also been informed they were taught freefall and HALO with over 500 jumps. Also have heard of a few even serving on DEVGRU as assaulters after successfully completing deployments with other units like SVD or MDSU. I have been told there are double and tri-pins have I been mislead?
                "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Combat diving is what SEALs do. We do not entertain other ratings in SQT. It is possible for a diver to attend SERE, although it would be quite unusual since they do not normally perform land combat, but can deploy to a combat zone. Divers as a rule do not jump, and certainly not HALO and they would never be an assaulter, especially in a DEVGRU unit. Many sailors wear more than one warfare device, although I don't know what a double or tri-pin is.
                  Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
                  35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by BearPole View Post
                    What about a combat diver or a combat dive medic? MDSU Teams? I've met divers who claimed to have gone through SQT and SERE training and who vouched for on-land combat deployments. Also been informed they were taught freefall and HALO with over 500 jumps. Also have heard of a few even serving on DEVGRU as assaulters after successfully completing deployments with other units like SVD or MDSU. I have been told there are double and tri-pins have I been mislead?
                    I think Divers are the real deal

Comment

• BearPole
                      BearPole commented
                      Editing a comment
                      All apart of the whole Navy. Every rate can be cool so to speak. Life is what you make it.

Right place.
                      Right time.
                      Right attitude.
                      To do the right thing.

Bring a good Spirit.

Hoo-Yah

With that being said I hope I’m not the only one that wants more info on AIRR

Comment

Working...
                    X