Am I taking enough time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I taking enough time?

Currently my scores are nowhere near clean enough for an SO rating. I'm 24, will be 25 fairly soon and know for a fact that given the path my life has taken me that I can handle the mental toughness aspect of Bud/s.
    Would you say 17 months is a good amount of time to get my 5'10" 132 pound self into grade A condition for an SO rate?

I have plenty of leadership experience as an eagle scout and in the work and community service world. I've done philmont (backpacking 100 miles in two weeks) and my work ethic is the one quality my employers and mentors have given me credit for. I'm a team player and have a drive to accomplish the goals I've set before myself in the past.

Currently I work both full time as a supervisor and do odd jobs on the side. I'm independent and rent so I don't live at home.

tl;dr

???????I know I can handle the mental toughness aspect but are 17 months a solid amount of time to get into buds condition for a 24 yr old (soon to be 25) who doesn't work out aside from biking 5.4 miles a day?

No one knows. If you’re about to be 25 you have 4 more years to get ready, which is more than enough time. Following the PTG will put you on a 26 week track to seriously improving your PST scores, most likely to competitive levels especially if you are relatively healthy and respond decently to training - based on conversations I’ve had with folks on here, forum posts and personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post
      No one knows. If you’re about to be 25 you have 4 more years to get ready, which is more than enough time. Following the PTG will put you on a 26 week track to seriously improving your PST scores, most likely to competitive levels especially if you are relatively healthy and respond decently to training - based on conversations I’ve had with folks on here, forum posts and personal experience.
      Thank you so much for your response! Definitely something I hadn't looked into. I'm not looking to go into selection with less than phenomenal scores.

Comment

Well you won’t get accepted without them either, so there’s that. You should check out the results from a recent study NSW did on BUD/S success. They’re somewhere on the main menu page I think, really interesting to look at that data. The PTG is based off that data btw, so might be better than anything else you’re going to find

Comment

Working...
        X