Old man trying to contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old man trying to contract.

Question, I’m trying to contract as a 25 yr old. My recruiter says I’m going to need top tier godlike times in order to contract at my age. Is the still true or do I have a fighting chance with optimal times? Currently 1 month into full training and preparing. Last time I started recruitment (pulled out prior to contracting became a father) I had a 82 asvab and 3 on c-sort. Attempting to better both.

Nah bro you’re good. Good ASVAB. Don’t worry about that. Hit those competitive times and you’re solid. You’re age is not an issue until you’re 28 almost 29.

Swim: 9:30
    Push: 75
    Sit: 75
    Pull: 15
    Run: 9:30

Hit these numbers and you have a good shot. Of course higher scores are always welcome

Comment

Call it motivation. God-like scores are required when you're looking for an age policy waiver.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Williams View Post
        Call it motivation. God-like scores are required when you're looking for an age policy waiver.
        We have mini score, 10:30, 50, 50, 10, 10:30

And then auto qual: 9:30, 75, 75, 15, 9:30

What would be considered “God-like”?

Comment

I would assume you should ultimately shoot for officer optimum:

Swim - 8:25
          Push - 98
          Sit - 91
          Pull - 21
          Run - 8:59

Source: https://apps.sealswcc.com/pst/officercalc

On the other hand, according to a book called Breaking BUD/S, highly competitive officer scores would be

Swim - 7:00
          Push - 120
          Sit - 120
          Pull - 30
          Run - 8:00

I would assume "God-like" would fall under the category of the latter, but I would not set unrealistic goals if I were you. Work on getting autoquals, then worry about officer optimum and beyond. Better yet, just work to do better than you did previously every time you take a PST.

Comment

I have been totally honest with every navy recruiter I have ever spoken with and I have never been told anything like about how I need "god-like" PST scores to get a SEAL contract. Hmm. 15 pull ups to just get through the door? I don't think that is a realistic expectation of anybody that wants to get a SEAL contract who is no prior service. If the magic number is a Max of 17 pull-ups (it basically is) there have been guys that have their Trident YEARS BEHIND THEM that have had to do significant work to get to a maximum of 17 pull-ups or more. I would love to watch somebody do a 1.5 Mi run in 8:00! That is almost like a world record. Well if you can do that in 8 minutes maybe you should be trying to break the 1 Mile world record.

Comment

Working...
            X