Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

undiagnosed ADHD during BUD/S is this going to get my dropped?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undiagnosed ADHD during BUD/S is this going to get my dropped?

God gave me my strengths, and my weaknesses. I have a very adaptive personality, and truly am blessed with the ability to analyze a situation intuitively. I can scan a room like a cat, and read people like a book. I truly have a knack for body language, and problem solving. However, I also have some weaknesses. I have a **** TON of energy, and am blessed with a knack for leadership and communication. I am quiet but attentive of my surroundings when I am not lost in my own head.

I was never formally diagnosed with ADHD, but did take Ritalin after I failed first grade for reading issues. My dad has it, and I defiantly display some mild symptoms like forgetfulness, and trouble staying attentive while bored. If I am interested and engaged actively I am hyper focused on whatever task is at hand, but if you put me in a classroom full of 300 people and ask me to pay attention the entire time and I am NOT interested in the subject, expect me to start daydreaming an zone out.

Will the instructors notice and drop me? Or is this normal for people, and perhaps I am wound up for no reason. I mean I never had an issue while in Navy ROTC and I have passed all my classes since first grade. What do you guys thinks?
    Last edited by Jor0603601; 05-06-2019, 10:00 AM. Reason: ADHD

If you've never been diagnosed with ADHD and you are not currently prescribed a medication for it, then you have nothing with which to be concerned. As far as the instructors noticing a disinterested student, yes they will notice and correct your attention span. But not to worry. Guys get tired and zone out all the time. It's not a drop-worthy offense.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

• Jor0603601
      Jor0603601 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input Scott, I resonate with this.
Working...
X