Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Dirty Name Question #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Name Question #2

I have another question, same subject as my last question.
    My brother is going to graduate from marine boot camp in San Diego so I'll be out there for that. Would I be allowed to try out the O-course or is it restricted? Obviously the main thing I'm interested in trying is the dirty name. I see people on YouTube doing it...

Highly unlikely, what happens when you break a rib and try to sue the Special warfare program. Not saying that would happen but, they would not want to take any unnecessary risk.

Comment

The obstacle course is on federal property and not open to the public.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

How do all the random non military guys on YouTube do it? Usually they say they "know a guy" and there are certain restrictions on what they can and cannot do. Is there someone a sincere guy like myself can contact to arrange or schedule something?
        Thanks for the replies so far.

Comment

Does anyone know? I want to schedule something asap.

Comment

As I said, it is not available for non-military, non-official people to just try out. The obstacle course is surrounded by a fence and the use of it is strictly monitored and enforced. Trespassing on federal property is a crime. Forget it.
            Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
            35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I am committed to crush bud/s. My pst scores are well above competitive times on everything but the swim and even that is improving with practice. I just paid $5,000 for eye surgery. And have talked to a recruiter. All that I'm waiting on now is for my eyes to heal fully.
              Like I said I know "non official" and "non military" guys have done it "just for fun". A quick look on YouTube will tell you that. Do you live close to San Diego? I say this with all due respect, I am not wondering if it is possible, I am wanting possible contact information of people that could let me in. If it helps, my dad was in the military so technically I could be considered military and, of course, by the time I get there, my brother will be a marine. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I never get out to California so this is a onetime opportunity for me.

Comment

If I were you, Id just bust *** and train hard everyday. Why spoil the fun of the things you're going to experience in BUDs? Train hard and get there, then you can see what the O-course is like. Take everything one step at a time.

Comment

train for the pst. not bud/s

Comment

I like the way you guys think, I guess I won't worry about it anymore. I got a vertical jump workout routine basketball players use and hopefully that will help.

Comment

Working...
                    X