Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Stuck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck

If I am in the wrong section to post this I apologize.

I am a little stuck right now. In the past I have always been gun - ho for the U.S. Navy SEALs. I have recently found a love for driving boats. I am going to pursue my captain license etc. I have been looking into the Coast Guard and SWCC. Out of the two I think the Coast Guard sees more action. I would appreciate some advice, thoughts, and some guidance..

Thank You

I laughed when I read this. I guess it depends on what sort of action you want: stopping illegal fishing and drug smugglers, or stopping terrorists. If you like the former, the Coast Guard is for you. SWCC see plenty of action.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

I'm coming up on 8 years in the CG. You'll get a lot of radio time in the watch room and training time on the boats before they send you out on cases. And yes, it's mostly vessel safety checks and drug interdiction. If you bust your *** or get lucky you can probably get a job as a heavy weather coxswain. I'm going SWCC. I feel like I'll be happier. But, if you want to be home more often, go CG Small Boats.

Comment

Working...
      X