BUD/S 1st Phase Weekends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUD/S 1st Phase Weekends

So I have always been under the impression that during the 1st Phase of BUD/S and the 2 weeks of BCT Indoc, you are under constant beach torture and such 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week for however many weeks it lasts. However, I was watching a "story time" on YouTube with Vigilance Elite and I heard Marcus Luttrell, David Rutherford, and Shawn Ryan mention that they had weekends off (which most guys used to clean their barracks for inspection on Monday). I was surprised and was curious if this was just an old tradition or not, because I've never known this previously.

Just like every other "A" school, the students get Saturday and Sunday off. This time is typically spent cleaning and preparing for the next week. I watched Jeff Nichols "10 Things that made me successful" he mentions taking the weekends to just get away. Get off base and enjoy your free time!
    Last edited by Scott Williams; 12-18-2018, 07:49 AM. Reason: ROE

Comment

Just like everyone needs to sleep at some point in order to survive, the students need time to rest and repair. No one would survive BUD/S if it were every day for 21 weeks. Many use the time to get a mental break and others bone up on their skills.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

I have a quick question, if I make it through buds will I have any time to come back to Guam and see my family before SQT? and if not when will be the next time they will give me time to come back to Guam to see my family?

Comment

Unlikely. Candidates move into SQT the week after completing BUD/S.

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

• SenatorS
            SenatorS commented
            Editing a comment
            when wold be the next time I could come home?

There is usually a couple of weeks during Christmas stand down. When you graduate from SQT you get up to 30 days of leave.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

• SenatorS
            SenatorS commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, what follows the 4 months of SQT? will the next schooling you go to be job specific?

When you are assigned to a Team, they may send you to advanced courses, such as sniper, breacher, communications, medical, etc.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
          X