Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Williams
    replied
    Folks, the 234 documentary is quite obsolete. The current policy is to allow married Hell Week survivors to apply for off-base quarters to be with their family. Keep in mind that absences will be frequent as training demands.

Leave a comment:

• Liz
    replied
    Oh shoot. I almost forgot about that. During the 3rd phase you have to go to the island like 246 said. But after hell week, and during phase 1 & 2, I believe you are able to life with your spouse

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    According to the 234 BUD/S Documentary, in BUD/S 1st Phase you can go home to your family after the training schedule is over but somewhere in 3rd Phase you have to go to a separate island for training.

Leave a comment:

• Liz
    replied
    If I’m not wrong, after hell week, you can move off base to live with your spouse/kids.

But the balance will be the biggest issue. ‘Family vs. Work’

Leave a comment:

• BearPole
    replied
    If you haven't already, talk to a recruiter regarding the fact that you have kids and determine your eligibility to join. Sometimes having kids requires waivers etc.

Your family will be put on the backburner for some months if not longer before you can live with them off base.
    You will undergo basic training I believe for 3 months - without them. Then NSW prep for I believe 2-3 months without them. Then BUD/S for 6 months and you will live in the living quarters without your family in the NAB Coronado. After that you'll go to SQT for a few months etc etc etc all awhile living in the barracks without your family.

Correct me if I am wrong Admins but during the training pipeline I don't believe that your family lives with you at all. They can live off base In Mil-housing or normal housing and you can visit when able.

This is just my opinion, toss it or don't doesn't matter to me.. But if you have 2 kids and are married I personally would find a Navy Rate that makes certain that you will come home alive in one piece for your kids and grandkids. From every former operator I know they reccomend to not have a family while in because wifey's nagging and worries can cut your career short. You don't need the stress of a family when going off to fight special wars. The SEAL Family Foundation does exist to help alleviate some stress and give your family a relateable community but lets get real, they can only do so much, especially if you come back in any other shape than you left. Not knocking your marriage at all, kudos for it, but you better have a strong bond of loyalty because it will be tested ultimately during the months or potentially years that you will be absent - queue the military deployment jokes of being gone for a year and coming home to a new born LOL. Not only will it be tough on you but it will be even tougher on your wife and children for Pop's to be gone for months on end. Just noting things to consider. Once again thats just an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Wes
    started a topic Lifestyle During BUD/S

Lifestyle During BUD/S

I am married and I have two young children. As a married man, can I live with my family during BUD/s or do all personal stay in the barracks?
Working...
X