General recruiting Process?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General recruiting Process?

It is to my understanding that the following is the general process but I am a little confused on a few particular things. For example, is ME.PS mandatory or is it just an option to speed things up, If so where on the list would I put it? By secondary rating, they mean a backup job. Is that correct? Can the C-Sort be failed and originally I thought that was taken before the PST? Thank you! Any answers are appreciated.

general order:
    1. Recruiter/Paperwork
    2. ASVAB
    2a. Full Med Check/ pick a secondary rating
    2b. Swear in
    3. PST
    4. C-SORT
    IF you can, try knocking out numbers 1&2 in one day at MEPS

MEPS is most definitely mandatory. Even prior service, like myself, have to reenlist through MEPS. It is a processing center that makes sure you are fit for service and runs you through final paperwork before entering the military.

From my experience (having entering the services twice)

1. Recruiters ask questions and fill out general entrance paperwork with you to ensure that you actually can enter the military. They'll ask what you are interested in and, if it's Spec War, they'll ask if you've considered a secondary rate. You know, in case you don't make it through the rigorous "A" school provided.
    2. If #1 goes well, they set a date to send you to MEPS and complete your ASVAB (if you haven't already taken it in high school) and put you through a health exam.
    3. If you are healthy and not an awful criminal they set you up to start working out and training with your "local" Spec War Scout/Mentor. If you are fit for a PST they will run you through one on your first day to see what you should work on.
    4. As you progress in your weekly workouts, the Spec War Team will have you take a C-Sort to see how you stand on personality and leadership. C-Sort is a personality test and cannot be failed.
    5. All medical paperwork, PST scores, and waivers (if needed) is submitted and hopefully accepted by Chicago NSW. Your recruiter will send you to MEPS a second time to sign your official contract. This is when you pick your rate(s) for when you enter and you'll find out when you go to Basic Training. You Swear in sometime that day.
    6. While waiting for your ship date you will continue to work out with the Scout team so you are physically ready. (Because even in the 800 Division you won't receive nearly enough exercise)
    7. The day of shipment you go to the airport and jump on a plane that takes you away.
    Last edited by Holloway89; 02-10-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

DO NOT sell your car or house.
      DO NOT quit your job.
      DO NOT assume that you are guaranteed a career in the military.

I have witnessed young men and women who have failed the ASVAB or been medically disqualified from service.

Wait until after you are qualified for service to make any life changing decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Holloway89 View Post
        DO NOT sell your car or house.
        DO NOT quit your job.
        DO NOT assume that you are guaranteed a career in the military.

I have witnessed young men and women who have failed the ASVAB or been medically disqualified from service.

Wait until after you are qualified for service to make any life changing decisions.
        I am currently in high school just trying to get my baerings. I definitely will not be doing any of those. I appreciate the advice though!

Comment

MEPS is a mandatory part of the process to determine your eligibility for serving in the Navy. It comes after your interview with the recruiter, and he/she will schedule it. There you will take the ASVAB and take a physical. You will also select your placeholder rating, which is determined by the needs of the Navy and your ASVAB score. You'll sign a contract for the rating, which comes with a date for boot camp. Try to pick a rating that gives you a long lead time to boot so that you have more time to earn your SEAL contract in DEP. When you have earned the SO contract, then your old contract will be void. You cannot "fail" a C-SORT, but a low score may discourage your recruiter from offering to contract you for SO, although it doesn't disqualify you. You can't study for it; you just have to take it and see what happens. The less you sweat it, the better. Just focus on what you can control: your ASVAB and PST.
          Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
          35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
          X