Announcement

Collapse

OPSEC Guidance for Facebook Groups

Download and follow the Naval Special Warfare Command Facebook Operational Security (OPSEC) Guidance PDF.

Download: http://www.sealswcc.com/pdf/facebook...dance-2013.pdf
See more
See less

Can’t decide which branch to choose.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t decide which branch to choose.

I’d like to be a Navy SWCC but I’m worried that I won’t be able to get into training and have to get stuck on a ship until my contract is up. My other option I’d like to do is be a Marine. It’s July of 2018 and I don’t graduate high school until May, 2019 so I have plenty of time to train. What would you guys say my PST scores would have to be to qualify for the SWCC training? Do you guys think I should just go for the Marines instead?

If you really want to go swcc i say go for it just train as hard as you can, but if you are still deciding i say train for it anyway because if you train for it now and decide you dont want to do it in a month or two, no harm done, youre just more in shape for marines boot camp.

Comment

The Navy recruiter told me he doesn’t think I’d be able to do it unless I do all that stuff and sign a contract so I can train with him. I think I’ll just look online and find a training regime to follow and work hard for the next few months and see where I am at. I would still like to know what the PST scores would need to be to have a guaranteed spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaben232 View Post
        The Navy recruiter told me he doesn’t think I’d be able to do it unless I do all that stuff and sign a contract so I can train with him. I think I’ll just look online and find a training regime to follow and work hard for the next few months and see where I am at. I would still like to know what the PST scores would need to be to have a guaranteed spot.
        The Physical Training Guide(PTG) is provided on this website for free. My advice is to give yourself a few months to train & take a mock up PST until you reach the optimum scores for a SWCC contract. According to NSW recruiting, the competive PST scores for SWCC are: 10 Min Swim/70 Push Ups/70 sit ups/10 Pull Ups/10 Min run.
        Along with that, study for the asvab as well since that’s another factor the coordinators look at in your package. In my opinion of you needing time to prepare, maybe you can set yourself a deadline to be ready to process around the end of 2018 so you can contract around early 2019, giving yourself 5-7 months to “top off” your training prior to shipping. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Since you’ve mentioned you’re still in school, are you going to be playing any sports?

Comment

I’ve played tackle football every year since 3rd grade up until this year. All I will do this year is race motocross. I appreciate all of the help guys!

Comment

Hey, whatever that recruiter told you is ********. If you can, I suggest you find a different recruiting station that is more helpful to you and treats you better than that. The answer that that recruiter gave you was simply to meet his selfish needs and it doesn't necessarily benefit you in any way. What he thinks doesn't matter...

Do exactly what Roboscout recommended. Once you got your numbers to competitive standards, then you can swear in, immediately take your PST, crush that PST and get your SWCC contract with a new ship date.

If you have a Special Warfare mentor in your district who is ACTUALLY prior Special Warfare and not a recruiter trying to fill in the role, then make use of that and try to go to every PT session that is available with that mentor.

Since you can't join till after you graduate high school, it honestly wouldn't even matter if you did enlist right now if your absolutely serious and certain about this. You wouldn't be able to ship of till almost a year from now anyways which would give you just about the same amount of time to get your contract. Which is more than enough time. But regardless, it's still better to first get your optimum numbers like Roboscout recommended and then enlist.

Good luck.

Comment

There’s a lot of cases where a recruiter will take advantage of your lack of knowledge and screw you over completely. If you want SWCC, bust your *** training and studying and get that SB contract. Settle for nothing less. Once you get that contract, you’re gonna be going to the training regardless unless some freak accident happens. I’d highly recommend Jeff Nichols programs. I train with him in person and follow his programs religiously and have really competitive scores at the moment that would most definitely get me the SO contract that I’m going for and it took about 8 months, now I’m just getting my studying together for the ASVAB. And note that I haven’t gone to a recruiter for about two years. That way when I go in, I can start the process immediately and not take any ******** thrown my way. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys all of this really helped!

Comment

Working...
                X