Announcement

Collapse

OPSEC Guidance for Facebook Groups

Download and follow the Naval Special Warfare Command Facebook Operational Security (OPSEC) Guidance PDF.

Download: http://www.sealswcc.com/pdf/facebook...dance-2013.pdf
See more
See less

requesting early ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• requesting early ship

Couldn't find this topic anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has tried to request an earlier ship date then they got. I have 8 months and I know i have alot of work to do but 8 months is pretty long. Most workouts that are recomended to do are not even that long. I put in request but wondering if anyone has tried also and have got it or not got it.

Re: requesting early ship

I believe if you are contracted it is unlikely to earn an earlier date. What I do know for sure is if you have a normal job and you want to go early you have to change your job so you can fill that open slot in an earlier class (only reason I know this is because I was shipping in July under APACT and now I'm leaving May 23rd as an IT). So if you're a contracted SO and you want to go early I don't think it would be easy since you may have to reclass to ship early unless there's an open specwar slot, if that makes sense.

Comment

I got my ship date moved from Feb to Dec.

Comment

If i were you i would keep it at 8 months, the more time you have to train the better, it can only help you. Besides 8 months isnt that long, some of us have been waiting years.

Comment

After I signed my SO contract, my new ship date was Feb 2013. I was able to get it moved to Dec 2012.

Comment

What is the earliest ship date you can get after signing an SO contract? I've been training for almost 2 years. I just had PRK and have to wait 6 months before I can even go to MEPS. I'm itching to get out there.

Comment

Working...
            X