Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

OPSEC Guidance for Facebook Groups

Download and follow the Naval Special Warfare Command Facebook Operational Security (OPSEC) Guidance PDF.

Download: http://www.sealswcc.com/pdf/facebook...dance-2013.pdf
See more
See less

Fastest route to BUD/s for denied waiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest route to BUD/s for denied waiver

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here and the website is a bit confusing to me at this point so bear with me.

My current ship date is June 20th and I have an aviation technician contract. I was told back in March, when I went to meps, to pick a job 6-9 months out so I could have time to improve my PST scores. However, the day I got to meps apparently there was a rule change where if you're graduated High school they have a hurry up order for you. Basically I went from having 6-9 months to prepare to only 6 weeks. I was no where near passing a PST and getting selected. My swim was at about 11 minutes, pushups 50, situps 50, pullups 10, and run 11 minutes. I was somewhat close to passing a PST, but we all know passing is not good enough. I took on the challenge and busted my *** for 4 weeks straight. I mean seriously busted my *** working out 4-5 hours everyday. In one month I went from those scores to 8:54 on the swim, 86 pushups, 79 situps, 16 pullups, and 9:50 on the run. It's safe to say that's a pretty good increase in the little time that I had to do it. I was told that I got selected so my recruiters pushed my date back to June 20th in order to give the guys in Sand Diego some time to finalize my paperwork. I was stoked.
    However, two weeks ago, I got a call from my recruiter saying that due to my civil background(possession of marijuana ticket, two under age drinking tickets, and battery charge NOT conviction) the guy in San Diego said no and would never say yes to me unless I serve two years and put in a package to get in. After finding this out I was devastated because this is something I've wanted quite literally my entire life. I was told the only specwar job I can get is AIRR but only if I pass a depth perception test(my depth perception isn't good enough for AIRR but the 376th in St. Louis is giving me another exam to see if I can pass it). My ultimate goal is still to be a SEAL. I will not stop until someone says for sure I will never be allowed in. My question here is if anyone knows the quickest way for me to get to buds? I want to go AIRR so I'm in the special forces community, but the training alone is nearly 2 years then I have to serve an additional 2 years after that before I can even submit my package. I'm 20 years of age right now. Who knows what might happen in those 4 years? My situation really sucks and I realize I have to pay for the mistakes I've made but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or if I just need to wait the 4 years. If maybe there is a job in the navy with a super short A school so I can start my 2 years of service sooner? I don't know, I'm really looking for anything here.

Also, does anyone think it would be very effective if I wrote a letter(I mean a serious, serious letter) with other letters of recommendation attached and sent it to San Diego? I know my civil background sucks and I'm even lucky to be let in the Navy at all, but I've truly grown out of that childish phase. I know no one in the community gives two ***** about me as an individual, I'm just a number at this point. I'm not even property of the Navy yet. I was just wondering if something like a hand written letter would make an impact on the person who makes the call to accept or deny applicants.

******For the record, the marijuana ticket was wrongly issued to me, it was not mine nor did I smoke marijuana. It was a friend's(that piece of **** is no longer a friend of mine, believe me) that he had blamed on me when the cops busted us. He literally pulled a cop aside crying saying it was all mine when none of it was. I didn't even smoke marijuana. As far as the battery charge goes, I got in a fight with a kid over a girl. It was stupid and irresponsible of me. The judge said boys will be boys and I was not convicted of it. The case was dismissed. I'm only saying this because I feel this could be vital information that could be presented to the guy who turned me down.

I know it may sound like I'm making excuses, which is the last thing I want. If I have to take the long route, I'll do it. Like I said, nothing will stop me from attaining this goal. I just don't know what things will be like for me in 4 years. I mean hell, I'm ready to go and kick some *** right now but 4 years from now I could have cancer, 2 kids, a wife, etc. Who knows. The possibilities of what could prevent me from doing it 4 years from now are endless.

Originally posted by silentriver View Post
    Hey everyone, this is my first post on here and the website is a bit confusing to me at this point so bear with me.

My current ship date is June 20th and I have an aviation technician contract. I was told back in March, when I went to meps, to pick a job 6-9 months out so I could have time to improve my PST scores. However, the day I got to meps apparently there was a rule change where if you're graduated High school they have a hurry up order for you. Basically I went from having 6-9 months to prepare to only 6 weeks. I was no where near passing a PST and getting selected. My swim was at about 11 minutes, pushups 50, situps 50, pullups 10, and run 11 minutes. I was somewhat close to passing a PST, but we all know passing is not good enough. I took on the challenge and busted my *** for 4 weeks straight. I mean seriously busted my *** working out 4-5 hours everyday. In one month I went from those scores to 8:54 on the swim, 86 pushups, 79 situps, 16 pullups, and 9:50 on the run. It's safe to say that's a pretty good increase in the little time that I had to do it. I was told that I got selected so my recruiters pushed my date back to June 20th in order to give the guys in Sand Diego some time to finalize my paperwork. I was stoked.
    However, two weeks ago, I got a call from my recruiter saying that due to my civil background(possession of marijuana ticket, two under age drinking tickets, and battery charge NOT conviction) the guy in San Diego said no and would never say yes to me unless I serve two years and put in a package to get in. After finding this out I was devastated because this is something I've wanted quite literally my entire life. I was told the only specwar job I can get is AIRR but only if I pass a depth perception test(my depth perception isn't good enough for AIRR but the 376th in St. Louis is giving me another exam to see if I can pass it). My ultimate goal is still to be a SEAL. I will not stop until someone says for sure I will never be allowed in. My question here is if anyone knows the quickest way for me to get to buds? I want to go AIRR so I'm in the special forces community, but the training alone is nearly 2 years then I have to serve an additional 2 years after that before I can even submit my package. I'm 20 years of age right now. Who knows what might happen in those 4 years? My situation really sucks and I realize I have to pay for the mistakes I've made but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or if I just need to wait the 4 years. If maybe there is a job in the navy with a super short A school so I can start my 2 years of service sooner? I don't know, I'm really looking for anything here.

Also, does anyone think it would be very effective if I wrote a letter(I mean a serious, serious letter) with other letters of recommendation attached and sent it to San Diego? I know my civil background sucks and I'm even lucky to be let in the Navy at all, but I've truly grown out of that childish phase. I know no one in the community gives two ***** about me as an individual, I'm just a number at this point. I'm not even property of the Navy yet. I was just wondering if something like a hand written letter would make an impact on the person who makes the call to accept or deny applicants.

******For the record, the marijuana ticket was wrongly issued to me, it was not mine nor did I smoke marijuana. It was a friend's(that piece of **** is no longer a friend of mine, believe me) that he had blamed on me when the cops busted us. He literally pulled a cop aside crying saying it was all mine when none of it was. I didn't even smoke marijuana. As far as the battery charge goes, I got in a fight with a kid over a girl. It was stupid and irresponsible of me. The judge said boys will be boys and I was not convicted of it. The case was dismissed. I'm only saying this because I feel this could be vital information that could be presented to the guy who turned me down.

I know it may sound like I'm making excuses, which is the last thing I want. If I have to take the long route, I'll do it. Like I said, nothing will stop me from attaining this goal. I just don't know what things will be like for me in 4 years. I mean hell, I'm ready to go and kick some *** right now but 4 years from now I could have cancer, 2 kids, a wife, etc. Who knows. The possibilities of what could prevent me from doing it 4 years from now are endless.
    -----
    Honestly bro the only thing I can say to you is drop out of the whole recruiting process. You can drop out DEP until the day you ship with no repercussions. I would highly recommend you think about doing that since you are just fresh out of high school. Take the next 2 years to train and obtain some college credits so you can go into the Navy as an E-3. You want to take more time to train for the PST to a point where every time you take it, you autoqual. If you were serious & being a SEAL was that important & big of a dream... then i would drop out of DEP for the next 2 years to adequately prepare yourself

Comment

They're saying I will only be accepted is if I serve two years in the fleet though. So how will spending two years out of the navy benefit me?

Comment

Originally posted by silentriver View Post
        They're saying I will only be accepted is if I serve two years in the fleet though. So how will spending two years out of the navy benefit me?
        So you can train you @$$ off for PST... Nothing is guaranteed in the military when it comes to contracts. It is easier to get an SO contract before you go to boot camp then it is when in-fleet. Trying to get a contract while in-fleet is stupid competitive. If you dont wanna take 2 years off from the Navy then just take 1 full year to train. And stay out of trouble for that time period you are training for the PST. Take my advice to heart when i tell you this because I regret not training my @$$ for the PST to get a contract before i shipped to boot camp and now i am in-fleet trying to get one. There are a lot of videos on YouTube by Jeff Nichols and Stew Smith on how to properly train for the PST and BUD/S.

Comment

Working...
        X