Submitting a Package / Previous DOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitting a Package / Previous DOR

I am currently stationed in Japan and am looking to start on my package for SWCC. I joined the Navy in June of 2009 under a SEAL Challenge Contract and in February of 2010 I DOR'd from BUD/S. I'm aware that there is a two year restriction before being able to attend a special program again. My question is when am I eligible to submit my package, do I have to wait for the two year mark to pass or is submitting prior acceptable?

Thank you in advance for any insight

Re: Submitting a Package / Previous DOR

Thats a shot to the pride isnt it? I'd hate to be you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trchrichie View Post
      Thats a shot to the pride isnt it? I'd hate to be you.
      Totally uncalled for.

Get back on that horse man.
      I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

-John Paul Jones November 1778

Comment

Alright for any further posts on this, I'm here for facts, not moral support/attacks, personal beliefs, opinions or any other information that does not directly address my questions. I appreciate that you all have your opinions, it's what keeps the world unique and interesting, but they should be kept where they belong. Moving on, the command counselor has been for the past year a useless source of information so that's a no go. I have done countless hours of searching the web and that has also yielded no/indefinite results. I have also emailed the motivator link given on this site and have not gotten a reply. So this is just one more resort along the road. Now the reason I have divulged my past information is because I haven't gotten any answers as to their importance in submitting a package. For instance, I'm overseas, which means a three year prd, is it still possible to leave at the normal DoD two year required tour? I joined in 2009, I have read that there is a correlation based on when an individual joins and being applicable to attend a special program, is this true and if so when would I be able to submit a package having joined in 2009? Lastly, if none of the previous questions have any influence is submitting a package in advance of my two year date from my DOR acceptable and if so how many months?

Once again thank you in advance for any FACTUAL insight

Comment

I will consult my experts here at BUD/S and get back to you with an answer soon.
          Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
          35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X