What does SWCC do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does SWCC do?

I know that SWCC works with combat craft and boats, but in both afghanistan and Iraq there are no real water areas that could be useful for the SEALs, I would assume considering its all land. So does SWCC also operate on land with the SEALs? maybe as just support? I don't know, it just seems like there is no real need for SWCC at this time.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

Re: What does SWCC do?

I've been wondering the same thing. SWCC is interesting, but what they do has me confused.
    "As sure as God
    created black and white,
    what's done in the dark,
    will be brought to the light."
    -Johnny Cash

"Let him who desires peace prepare for war."

Comment

exactly man. nice to know im not the only one haha
      REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

Comment

From what I heard they extract United state Navy Seals from missions and also take them to their missions.
        There is all kinds of videos on them on youtube and stuff and on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          I know that SWCC works with combat craft and boats, but in both afghanistan and Iraq there are no real water areas that could be useful for the SEALs, I would assume considering its all land. So does SWCC also operate on land with the SEALs? maybe as just support? I don't know, it just seems like there is no real need for SWCC at this time.

Take into consideration that under the "Duty Stations" tab on this website that SEALs are deployed in more than 30 countries around the world. There is plenty of "Brown Water" outside of Afghanistan for SWCC to play in.
          "Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."

Comment

look up Tigris River..........swcc arent just rides for seals, they do their own missions......they are expert small boat operators........im sure they are involved with the current pirate situation in africa also

Comment

Gents,

Here's what a SWCC operator had to say in response to your questions about what they do in areas where few water operations are taking place.

"Primarily SWCCs are maritime experts. We get our heritage from the PT boats of WWII and the river/coastal craft during the Vietnam Conflict 'Never get off the boat.' SWCCs have and currently perform some land mobility operations ie: driving combat vehicles and operating the weapon systems on board. As for Iraq, the SWCCs ran the rivers there conducting various mission types, and in countries with little need for maritime operations SWCCs have joined in other mission tasks such as training other nations forces. SWCCs are currently deployed all over the globe and conduct missions on a daily basis."
              Rosie Heiss

Comment

Working...
              X