NSW/NSO Officer After SWCC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW/NSO Officer After SWCC?

I want to be a SWCC. I also want to be an officer. I'm willing to enlist in the Navy to be a SWCC. After my SWCC contract is up, would it be possible to get a commission and be an officer in another Special Warfare program (EOD or SEAL)?

I'm currently a Civil Service Mariner with Military Sealift Command. I have a bachelor of science in Marine Engineering and a Third Assistant Engineer license. I need 6 more months of sea time before I can upgrade my license, which I want to do before taking the SWCC Challenge.

Re: NSW/NSO Officer After SWCC?

If you want to be a SEAL officer you have to make it through BUD/s, if you want to be an EOD officer you have to make it through EOD training. If you want to be a SWCC now, trying to become a SWCC Officer would seem to be the logical path. But it would be possible to crossrate, probably requiring a few waivers.

Comment

There is no such thing as a SWCC officer.

Comment

Oh you're right, my apologies for putting out inaccurate information.

From Mr. Williams
        "There is a small number of SWCC warrant officers. They are selected from the senior enlisted ranks. Other than that, there are no SWCC officers, only SEAL officers in charge of SWCC units."

So if you want to lead a SWCC boat crew you have to go through BUD/s or get chosen as a warrant officer.

Comment

Going through BUD/s or EOD's training regimen is fine. But is it possible after being a SWCC? A while back I read that you aren't allowed to join the Navy's Special Warfare programs if you've been a member of another service's special warfare program. There was no mention about any transition from SWCC to SEAL, SWCC to EOD, or vice-versa. SEALs lead boat crews, and that seems like a logical path - going from SWCC to SEAL to leading a boat crew, but that may not be what the Navy wants. If being a SEAL or EOD means I couldn't be attached to a boat crew, but just occasionally use them for transportation, that's fine.

I don't know how high in demand SEALs, EOD, or SWCC are. The Navy has lowed the enlistment bonuses over the years, but that could just be due to a lower budget. I believe, but am not certain that the Navy does as I have not asked, that I bring a little more to the table with my experience as a licensed engineering officer, but I understand that good scores top everything else.

Looking in the Navy Challenge Program Instruction part of the forum, I found that it is possible to cross-rate from AIRR to SEAL:
          https://www.sealswcc.com/forums/show...2-AIRR-to-SEAL
          So perhaps it is also possible to cross-rate from SWCC.

Comment

Tom I have heard of some instances where members have cross rated from EOD to SEAL so you might have a shot at doing so even though the process might not be easy. If your goal is to be an NSW officer you should take the SEAL pipeline as ewit said there is no such thing as a SWCC officer

Comment

Working...
            X