SB Stationing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Stationing

I was curious on how you get stationed after you make it through CQT because I know that Special Boat Team 12 and 20 seam to do more coastal training and Special Boat Team 22 does riverine on the SOC-R. So can you request to get on Special Boat Team 22? Or do you do a little bit of everything?

Re: SB Stationing

No idea... but make it there first bud

Comment

That's the plan I'm just trying to understand it to the best of my capability!

Comment

Truthfully, in my experience the single most powerful determing factor is the needs of the Navy. Some times you have options, some times you don't. It literally depends on availability the day you are up for orders.

Comment

Im in the USNR i see that they opened SWCC up to the reserves is there any detachments in the New England area i live in NH if some one could PM me that would be great.

Comment

SBT 22 is normally filled by experienced SWCC personnel
            Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
            U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL
            2000 Trident Way, Building #401
            San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

Originally posted by TDnavy View Post
              Im in the USNR i see that they opened SWCC up to the reserves is there any detachments in the New England area i live in NH if some one could PM me that would be great.
              There has been on occasion a billet available for SWCC as a Reservist, you must go active duty for a minimum tour upon completion of the course.

Senior
              Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

Senior is right but it's just like anywhere else, they send guys where they need them too. I went through SWCC school and wanted to stay west coast but my class was after Katrina hit so the class before could not send anyone to 22. There was nowhere to put new guys that class so when I graduated they sent 19 of the 25 guys to 22 to fill the gap. If you really want to pick where you go after school you had better be top 5 of the class, that's the only reason I got to stay here. So just like anything else work your butt off and you will make your path in life work for you. Anywhere you end up after class you will learn to deal and do your best, then you can start moving around commands only after you knock out your quals and deployments. First thing first get through training.

San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

Working...
                X