Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWCC Reserve age limit

SWCC Motivators,

I'm currently 36yrs old and a 2nd class drilling reservist. I'm aware that age waivers are awarded to highly qualified candidates. Is there a max age for the age waiver? I recently read on SEALSSWCC.com that age waivers are for highly qualified candidates between 31 to 34 only. Is this set in stone? Is it different for reservist?

V/R,

BU2

Re: SWCC Reserve age limit

Thanks for the question but the cutoff age for the SWCC training pipeline is 30. There are waivers for up to 32, however since the schoolhouse has been full for the past couple of years, they are not taking anyone with an age waiver. Also, the SWCC pipeline takes 2 reservist per year. So, they are going to look at the top two candidates. If you have any kind of waiver, then your chances become very slim.

Thanks for the question!

Comment

In regards to the reply, what, if anything, could increase that slim chance for anyone requiring an age waiver?

Comment

There are age waivers for up to 32 years old. These waivers are set in stone. Very competitive PST scores are needed if someone has an age waiver in their submission package. We are talking 8-8:30 run and swim, etc.

Comment

What would be the chances for an almost 31 year old who speaks fluent spanish, almost fluent arabic, of course english, and can obtain competitive PST scores and a high ASVAB score?

Comment

Your language skills are good, however your PST scores will garner the most attention. Take care of the physical side first, then your language skills will help you further in training.

Comment

Working...
            X