Where is everyone?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?!?!

This forum is an awesome source of knowledge and I think it's being neglected. Where is everyone at in their training/process? I am DEP'd and meeting with a SEAL monthly to do my PSTs, waiting to get that SWCC contract! I just feel like there should be more action in this thread because it is such an awesome way to discuss our goals. Hope there are some people that agree.

-Nick

Re: Where is everyone?!?!

Contracted, shipping 10MAY2011 to Bootcamp, 14D PST on 2MAY2011, Beyond Pumped!

Comment

Outstanding! Train hard and don't quit. See you in sunny San Diego.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

That's awesome man, good luck. Hoping to get my contract anyday now... How long ago did you get your contract to get shipped out in May? I'm trying to get a feel for how long I'll be waiting after getting ym SWCC orders.

Comment

Dont use me as a basis for your time line, I got luck I contracted 1APRIL and got lucky with a 10MAY ship date. The average is 6 months from contract to ship from what I have seen in my SWONEC (Special warfare/operations New England Canidates) group. Don't give up, keep working hard and you'll get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Williams View Post
            Outstanding! Train hard and don't quit. See you in sunny San Diego.
            Thank you, I look forward to getting this going. I have made a personal promise to myself that I will do the Very best I can every minute of every day and that I will not quit. I want this and due to my age I know that realistically I have one shot at this and im not going to p*ss it away.

Comment

I got a SWCC contract 1 week before I shipped as an AECF. It definitely pumped me up, but my ship date was rolled from mid February to July. Its worth it though. My advice is to take the PST as soon as you can pass it, then work on improving your times. This way you are eligible for more drafts. I am glad to see you posted a SWCC thread it seems like most everyone here is going SEALs
              I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

-John Paul Jones November 1778

Comment

SWCC contracted! Ship date: 13/12/11. Pumpedddddd

Comment

I'm just getting started into the training. It does seem like everyone here is going for SEALs but SWCC is my ultimate goal. It's just incredibly hard to find information on it.

Comment

Originally posted by KJC View Post
                    I'm just getting started into the training. It does seem like everyone here is going for SEALs but SWCC is my ultimate goal. It's just incredibly hard to find information on it.
                    What do you want to know?
                    I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

Comment

There's a lot of information on the SWCC side of the website. If you have questions beyond what you find there and in this forum, just ask.
                      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
                      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

working on my scores for now. i need them to go up/down. i dont want to **** off my command by putting in my NC worksheet and not get selected due to the fact that my PST scores arent good enough. thats why i need to keep pushing hard and keep working on getting them better and better every time. my CoC is very jealous of the rate. changing rates, or applying for any program is like an insult to the rate. they are very proud and i dont want to get my training stopped because of that. until i get to 750 or so on the pST i wont put it in.

Comment

DEP'd in FEB2011. Started taking PST's same month. SWCC Contracted 01JUN2011 - Ship to Basic 13DEC2011 - HOOOOYAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
                          Ten, I'm with you sir. I'm 28, never quit!!

Derrick
                          “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

-Lance Armstrong

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Comment

Basically, just how competitive is SWCC? I read that there were only 750 active duty SWCC's and that bothered me because it makes it seem like it is incredibly ( and I understand that it is incredibly tough but it seems even more so than SEALs) tough to get into. I was trying to find info on the attrition rate but I saw some places saying its similar to SEALs attrition rate somewhere I saw half making it through. Nothing really conclusive. and also I'm under the impression that BCT and CQT is a little less intense than BUD/S but the thing I am most afraid of is being disqualified for the shooting or some other exercise that isn't based solely on your athleticism and will to push on. I've only shot a gun a few times in my life and some of the other skills I've probably never practiced either.

Comment

KJC you are right there is a dearth of information on SWCC in general, but what is life without surprise?
                              This link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFvhU_sWV6U is to a somewhat dated documentary of BCT. Its about 30 minutes long. As for the attrition rate; I've heard from 30% to 70%, but there is only one persons success or failure that really matters, right? I've heard BCT described a few times, but never as easy. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X